MBDA Missile Systems - Deliver For A More Secure Tomorrow
Part time working considered
This is an executive level role delivering our international systems engineering improvement activities across our engineering teams in the UK, France, Germany, and Italy. We’re undertaking a major transformation programme which includes Model Based Systems Engineering to support an end-to-end digital engineering capability.
You’ll own and deliver the multi-year Model Based Engineering plan, leading a small international team coordinating the activities across the four national MBDA companies. Working closely with international domain experts, you’ll bring cohesion to the national culture and practices. You’ll act as a focal point for international collaboration on behalf of Systems Engineering, contributing to international focus groups and mentoring Systems Engineering practitioners.
You’ll join our Engineering Capability & Governance team, which is responsible for identifying and delivering change (including processes, tools, working practices, technology, and skills). Within this team your role is vital in enabling the international cohesion of systems engineering cultures and practices across our European business.
What we’re looking for
- Proven systems engineering experience including application to project of model based techniques
- Significant technical expertise in the systems engineering domain
- Experience in operating in an international environment with a diverse stakeholder group including practitioners and senior managers
- Interpersonal and communication skills, able to build relationships and mediate cross-functionally
- Experience of working on change and improvement programmes
- Ability to manage and inspire others
Here’s what’s in it for you
- Opportunity to work internationally and cross-functionally on high profile transformation programmes
- Technical training both formally and on-the-job, supported by a highly experience function
- International travel and networking opportunities
Join a great team!
We’re a dynamic, focussed team who are passionate about improving the way we undertake our system engineering activities. The team is consistently striving to deliver improvement activities - which involves reacting to new technologies, proposing changes to work more efficiently and helping to influence others. Working with all projects and functions in the business means that the work is very diverse and rewarding.
*Flexible working *opportunities for career progression *paid overtime (subject to level) *great bonus scheme *comprehensive pension scheme *annual salary review *fantastic working environment and site facilities *social, charitable and sporting activities.We understand that flexibility benefits our people, our teams and our business; wherever possible we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working
MBDA is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements. MBDA is a proud member of Working Families – the UK’s work-life balance organisation.
Follow MBDA on LinkedIn, Twitter and Instagram.
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role.