Role: Facility Manager
Closing date: 30th July 2021
Location: Reading/Basingstoke area
Salary: AWE offers a competitive salary, market leading contributory pension scheme, generous holiday entitlement, excellent work/life balance including a 9-day working fortnight and flexible working hours (role dependent).
It takes a special sort of person to work at AWE. What if that person was you?
AWE plays a crucial role in nuclear defence, providing the warheads for the UK's nuclear deterrent. What we do is unique and so are the people who work here.
You will be required to support the Senior Asset Operations Manager in maintaining the Authority to Operate for allocated facilities, and maximising availability of assets to programme demanders.
- Liaise with relevant stakeholders to produce and maintain a Facility Safety Justifications for allocated facilities.
- Collate information and prepare Annual Review reports in support of the Authority to Operate (ATO).
- Ensure operators/residents work within Safe Operating Envelope (SOE)/Safe Operating Boundaries (SOB), as defined by the Safety Case/Safety Basis.
- Liaise with Estate Strategy & Planning, Engineering, Tech Centres and operators/residents to ensure required availability of facility/plant, and any downtime has minimal impact.
- Ensure maintenance plans are created and completed within required timescales.
- Ensure allocated facilities remain configured.
- Maintain Asset Portal Master Viewer pages for allocated facilities.
- Review and advise on proposed modifications to ensure facilities/activities remain within the SOE/SOB.
- Ensure permits/consents/licences are maintained where required.
- Liaise with relevant stakeholders to produce and maintain an Emergency Response Plan for allocated facilities.
- Deputise for Senior Asset Operations Manager as required.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- The Ability to identify problems, evaluate options and formulate effective process, system and organisational solutions.
- Capable of maintaining a high degree of effectiveness in a multi task role, managing priorities and delivering to challenging timescales.
- Decision making skills that have either a high degree of complexity or diversity and takes prime responsibility.
- Financial awareness, delivering value for money and added value.
- Excellent communication, presentation and negotiation skills.