Role: Senior Utilities Engineer
Closing date: 5th August 2021
Location: Reading/Basingstoke area
Salary: AWE offers a competitive salary, market leading contributory pension scheme, generous holiday entitlement, excellent work/life balance including a 9-day working fortnight and flexible working hours (role dependent).
It takes a special sort of person to work at AWE. What if that person was you? AWE plays a crucial role in nuclear defence, providing the warheads for the UK's nuclear deterrent. What we do is unique and so are the people who work here.
You will deliver professional engineering services to enable Facility Engineering Team Leader to deliver utility services to facilities, assets and equipment required by AWE.
- Apply extensive domain and technical knowledge for design, as built standards and through life system performance for relevant network plant and equipment.
- Prioritise new / remedial works in conjunction with Network Manager and provide specialist engineering resource to enable task delivery.
- Provide specialist engineering knowledge for design. Installation, commissioning and troubleshooting on network plant equipment and infrastructure.
- Have understanding of equipment lifecycle and be a key stakeholder in the strategic replacement plan.
- Identify and escalate business risk associated with the condition and performance of network plant equipment and infrastructure.
- Optimise the delivery of Utilities Engineering services.
- Ensure maintenance activities are delivered in line with AM (PE) standards.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Technician Apprenticeship, HNC/HND with suitable additional experience.
- Ability to lead engineering capability across relevant networks, comprising a range of infrastructure facilities and associated plant and equipment.
- Primary Mechanical Bias with experience across multiple disciplines.
- Leading delivery of Utilities engineering intelligence for relevant networks.
- Experience in utility / building service delivery over a large portfolio of buildings.
- Leading multi-disciplined groups in the delivery of engineering services across the life of an asset.