Role: Utilities Operations Engineer
Closing date: 5th August 2021
Location: Reading/Basingstoke area
Salary: AWE offers a competitive salary, market leading contributory pension scheme, generous holiday entitlement, excellent work/life balance including a 9-day working fortnight and flexible working hours (role dependent).
It takes a special sort of person to work at AWE. What if that person was you? AWE plays a crucial role in nuclear defence, providing the warheads for the UK's nuclear deterrent. What we do is unique and so are the people who work here.
You will be responsible for the safe operation, maintenance and contractor works activities within the bounds of your appointed Network delivery area and will hold Authorised Person appointments and undertake work activities within your appointed area. You will undertake shift working, duty on call, cross site working, and overtime as required to meet the role within your designated Network area.
You will maintain leadership and oversight of plant upkeep, personnel and operations within your area of responsibility. Undertake and to manage Authorised Persons Duties IAW relevant regulations and corporate standards.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Technician Apprenticeship.
- ONC with suitable additional experience.
- Delivery of Utilities engineering intelligence for relevant networks.
- Multidiscipline background with Mechanical Bias or water networks / drainage experience and a basic understanding of Environmental permitting arrangements.
- Experience in utility / building service delivery over a large portfolio of buildings.
- Leading multi-disciplined groups in the delivery of engineering services across the life of an asset.