Role: Labs Technology Operations Specialist
Closing date: 2nd August 2021
Location: Reading/Basingstoke area
Salary: AWE offers a competitive salary, market leading contributory pension scheme, generous holiday entitlement, excellent work/life balance including a 9-day working fortnight and flexible working hours (role dependent).
It takes a special sort of person to work at AWE. What if that person was you? AWE plays a crucial role in nuclear defence, providing the warheads for the UK's nuclear deterrent. What we do is unique and so are the people who work here.
You will work as part of the Labs Tech Centre Operations Team to support the Operations Manager in delivering a flexible, varied and robust service maintaining cost effective operations to the Operations Management Team across both Aldermaston and Burghfield sites.
- You will manage and support the Labs Tech Centre Operational Accountability Board Meeting, by ensuring the meeting slides you are accountable for have been populated prior to the meeting by the various sub functions and planners. Ensuring that any records taken during meetings are addressed and content agreed.
- Respond to and prioritise day to day facility operation demands maintaining facilities in a safe condition whilst maximising its availability for use, work to develop metrics around utilisation with Ops teams.
- Ensure that all proposed changes to the PLOW are captured for each area, and that all activities are recorded and deconflicted.
- Update and attend the Labs Tech Centre Operations Accountability Board Meeting (Tier 2), this includes acting as Chairperson for the meeting as required.
- Maintenance of the Labs Tech Centre supporting secondary role list.
- Attend the Labs Team Check in Meetings, by members of Operations Team on a regular basis so that any identified issues or information can be shared. Any identified immediate action(s) are to be escalated via the Operations Team.
- Organise and manager Laboratory Equipment Inventory lists.
- Ensure all risk control measures have been considered and are suitable and sufficient for any given task.
- Take an active role in implementing company policy including review, learn and improve activities.
- Implement corrective or preventative actions when issues arise.
- Maintain and promote high personal standards in environment, safety, health, security and quality and be a great team player.
- Carry out other tasks as directed by the Labs Tech Centre Operations Team Group, Task and Line managers.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Good interpersonal skills, with the ability to work as part of a team.
- Able to readily adapt and respond quickly to challenging situations and the changing needs of others.
- Ability to self-motivate and inspire confidence and commitment.
- Maintain a high degree of effectiveness in a multitask role, managing priorities and delivering to challenging timescales.
- Working within a technical/scientific environment providing a customer service.
- Experience of data management and analysis
- Ideally have some knowledge of the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 regulation.