AWE is currently recruiting for a Maintenance Delivery Manager to manage and provide technical oversite of maintenance delivery. You will be line managing and developing maintenance staff, ensure company assets are maintained in a way to ensure that the site and its residents are kept safe, clean and secure and ensure all assets are compliant to licence conditions and legislation.
Location - Reading area
Package - £42,650 - c£62,000 (depending on your suitability and level of experience)
AWE offer a competitive salary, market leading contributory pension scheme, generous holiday entitlement, excellent work/life balance including a 9-day working fortnight and flexible working hours (role dependent). A salary sacrifice scheme is also available.
- Appraise, monitor and arrange staff training to certify the competence of staff in accordance with facility and trade competency assessment requirements
- Monitor and ensure reasons for the non-completion of maintenance tasks are valid, accurately documented and facility management / facility engineering are suitably advised and informed
- Bring to the attention of line management, facility management and Principal Asset Engineer (PAE), any matter, revealed during maintenance delivery that has indicated that the performance, safe operation or condition of the plant may have been affected
- Monitor and demonstrate proactive means of self-assurance that maintenance task execution, staff behaviours and relevant documentation is sufficient to demonstrate Asset Management (Plant and Equipment) compliance and AWE core values
- Agree maintenance programmes and schedules with facility management; assist the review and development process regarding the planned maintenance programme
- Delegate and develop maintenance staff as necessary, identify resource numbers and skills to ensure they are appropriate to deliver functional requirement
We would love to hear from qualified Engineers (ONC/HNC/Level 4) with the ability to get the very best out of Maintenance Teams and continue developing their careers. We are always looking to improve processes at AWE so if you have previously implemented continuous improvement exercises, this would be highly desirable.
Candidates must be willing and able to obtain and maintain the necessary security clearance for the role.
AWE plays a crucial role in the defence of the United Kingdom, by providing and maintaining the warheads for the country's nuclear deterrent. We are a centre of scientific, engineering and technological excellence, with some of the most advanced research, design and production facilities in the world. Our unique expertise also assists the UK Government in developing and delivering a range of innovative and integrated support services, including national nuclear security and counter-terrorism solutions.
AWE is an equal opportunities employer. We value diversity and welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds. We particularly welcome applications from sections of the community which are currently under-represented at AWE, including women, BAME and disabled people.