Northrop Grumman are actively recruiting to build our current team of experienced engineers to meet the challenges of providing new and upgraded systems to meet our Customers needs. The Verification and Validation Engineer role is crucial to ensure these systems meet their requirements to the Customers satisfaction.
This is a permanent role and will be based in New Malden
Different thinking for a Different world
Northrop Grumman is a dynamic global security company providing innovative systems,products and solutions worldwide. We have over 2,500 employees across Europe and a rapidly expanding UK operation.
In Northrop Grumman’s rapidly growing UK Defence business, we support our customers’work to create world-class mission capabilities.
As a part of Northrop Grumman you will use your skills to make a difference in our mission of enabling global security. Our company grows because of our employees' dedication and commitment to achieving this goal.
With a belief in rewarding the dedication shown by our staff, Northrop Grumman gives employees access to a benefits package that provides you with health& well-being benefits, discount schemes, pension benefits and investment in your future development, but most importantly the flexibility to balance your professional career with your personal life.
How you will make a difference
The V&V engineer will independently ensure the project technical requirements are fully proven. The candidate will be expected to support the project team in highlighting issues found during test from integration through to acceptance.
Role and responsibilities:
- Prepare, conduct and report Systems & Software test activities for integrated control systems.
- Conduct V&V engineering activities including requirements review through to acceptance testing.
- Produce/review project technical documentation to project schedule.
- Technical liaison with Customers and Suppliers as required.
- Liaison with other engineering functions involved in the delivery of the programme (Systems & Software Engineering, etc.).
- Ensure all responsibilities are delivered in accordance with Company Standards fo Conduct and contractual processes.
- Conduct any other reasonable management request.
- Travel to Customer sites in the UK and overseas as required.
- Degree/HND/HNC or equivalent experience in software integrated systems engineering, control systems engineering & Systems Engineering lifecycle.
- Reporting test metrics, including test management tool experience.
- Software and Hardware testing experience of complex PLC based control systems.
- Fault diagnostics skills including fault identification and reporting.
- Experience of Verification and Validation activities within a Systems Engineering lifecycle.
- Technical report writing skills to produce documentation to a high standard.
- Self-starter, to assign and execute a variety of project functions efficiently and professionally.
- Proficient use of MS office applications , Word, Excel etc.
- Experience in defining test requirements and test equipment.
- Test automation experience.
- Familiar with IEC 61508 or similar functional safety standards.
- Previous experience within Defence or other regulated engineering industries
- Presentation experience
- Looking for flexibility? Talk to us at the application stage about what may be possible.
- Clearance requirements: The post-holder must be able hold and maintain UK Government clearances