We have a requirement for a Control Systems Application Engineer to join our software team based in New Malden. In this newly created role you'll be working on bid and proposals, focusing on future opportunities and driving business growth.
You'll be part of the wider software team, who provide software design and development expertise for maritime control and instrumentation systems throughout the product life cycle.
Different thinking for a Different world
Northrop Grumman is a dynamic global security company providing innovative systems, products and solutions worldwide. We have over 2,500 employees across Europe and a rapidly expanding UK operation.
In Northrop Grumman’s rapidly growing UK Defence business, we support our customers’ work to create world-class mission capabilities.
As a part of Northrop Grumman you will use your skills to make a difference in our mission of enabling global security. Our company grows because of our employees' dedication and commitment to achieving this goal.
With a belief in rewarding the dedication shown by our staff, Northrop Grumman gives employees access to a benefits package that provides you with health & well-being benefits, discount schemes, pension benefits and investment in your future development, but most importantly the flexibility to balance your professional career with your personal life.
How you will make a difference
- Capture, interpret and develop customer requirements.
- Produce technical documentation in accordance with company/customer procedures.
- Specify, design and test solutions for PLC systems.
- Manage data communications with third party equipment.
- Develop PLC code from multiple design formats such as Block Diagrams, Flow Charts or Pseudo Code.
- Validate software designs through analysis and test.
- Provide technical oversight of subcontractors.
- Support the preparation of contract changes and proposals.
- Be aware of and comply with company standards of conduct and all relevant statutory requirements.
- Carry out any other reasonable management request.
- Selection & Specification of COTS PLC equipment.
- Design and integration of PLC control systems, with an emphasis on Siemens products.
- Fieldbus configuration and implementation.
- Production of technical documentation.
Specialist Knowledge or experience of either:
- Siemens TIA Portal - S7-1500
- Rockwell Studio5000 - Controllogix with enhanced redundancy
- GE ControlST - Mark VIs.
- All candidates must be eligible to hold and maintain UK Government Security Clearance.
- Looking for flexibility? Speak to us at application stage about what may be possible.