Are you a Software Engineer looking for a new role? We are looking for a Software Engineer to primarily work within a software team supplying major UK naval programmes/vessels that have significant national strategic importance. The design, build and implementation of an integrated platform monitoring system, for the command and control of major vessel systems.
Different thinking for a Different world
Northrop Grumman is a dynamic global security company providing innovative systems, products and solutions worldwide. We have over 2,500 employees across Europe and a rapidly expanding UK operation.
In Northrop Grumman’s rapidly growing UK Defence business, we support our customers’ work to create world-class mission capabilities.
As a part of Northrop Grumman you will use your skills to make a difference in our mission of enabling global security. Our company grows because of our employees' dedication and commitment to achieving this goal.
With a belief in rewarding the dedication shown by our staff, Northrop Grumman gives employees access to a benefits package that provides you with health& well-being benefits, discount schemes, pension benefits and investment in your future development, but most importantly the flexibility to balance your professional career with your personal life.
How you will make a difference
Working within a team of like minded, and skilful control systems software engineers, you will provide subject matter expertise both to your engineering peers as well as the programme management team.
- Capture, interpret and develop customer requirements.
- Produce technical documentation in accordance with company/customer procedures.
- Specify, design and test solutions for PLC & SCADA control systems.
- Manage data communications with third party equipment.
- Develop PLC & SCADA code from multiple design formats such as Block Diagrams, Flow Charts or Pseudo Code.
- Validate software designs through analysis and test.
- Support the preparation of contract changes and proposals.
- Be aware of and comply with company standards of conduct and all relevant statutory requirements.
- Carry out any other reasonable management request.
- Provide input to project meetings and team briefings.
- Undertake any other reasonable task as requested.
To fulfil the requirements of this job, the post-holder must have the following skills:
- Design and integration of PLC & SCADA control systems.
- Siemens Totally Integrated Automation Engineering Environment.
- Siemens S7-1500 programming and integration experience.
- Fieldbus (Profinet/Profibus) communication protocols.
- Industrial communication and networking standards.
- Production of technical documentation.
- SCADA/PLC interfacing and driver configuration.
- Software development Lifecycles, processes and procedures.
- 3+ years in a PLC software engineering environment.
- Proven experience in PLC control systems design and programming.
- Understanding of commissioning and setting to work.
- Degree, HND, HNC or equivalent in Electrical/Electronic engineering or a related discipline e.g. C&I engineering, Systems engineering.
- Looking for flexibility? Talk to us at the application stage about what may be possible.
- Clearance requirements: The post-holder must be able hold and maintain UK Government clearances