Trimble is the leading provider of integrated Building Information Modelling (BIM) services and solutions for the MEP industry.
Are you an Electrical Design Engineer looking for your next career opportunity? Do you want to work with pioneering new technology in a company that is out performing its competitors? Do you want a role of high importance, one with visibility and future career opportunities?
Title: Electrical Pre-Sales Engineer
Location: Office location Milton Keynes, United Kingdom (ideally based within reach of our Milton Keynes office in addition to flexible remote working).
This key role is a hybrid of Technical Pre-Sales and Customer Success. In this job, your primary objective is to support the Sales team with acquiring new Stabicad Electrical customers by utilising your years of technical industry experience. You will also proactively support customers, post training, to deploy the software on live projects.
Stabicad for Revit software makes MEP Engineers more productive with their Revit projects through the provision of MEP Content, Design / Productivity Tools and integrated Calculations.
Whilst the role has a primary focus on Stabicad Electrical, the successful candidate will gain a comprehensive understanding of ProDesign, Trimble’s long established market leading 2D standalone electrical design software which shares it’s calculation engine with Stabicad.
Reporting to the Sales Director, you will work closely with our diverse and talented team of colleagues in Sales, Product Management, Product Marketing and Marketing Communications.
What you’ll be doing
- Through training and learning from your peers, you’ll become an expert on Trimble’s own, market leading Stabicad software, a Revit integrated BIM solution for MEP Design.
- You’ll be able to use your years of industry experience to provide technical product demonstrations to prospective customers.
- Consulting with new customers, post training, to establish their workflows around Stabicad and to see them deploy the software to best effect on initial projects.
- Creation & delivery of webinars to showcase the Stabicad workflow and the value that Stabicad adds to the Revit platform for MEP designers.
- Advocating BIM processes and other Trimble products and services.
- Supporting our non technical sales team in technical qualification conversations.
- Developing the sales team’s product and industry knowledge so they can take opportunities further, before requesting technical pre-sales support.
- Hosting interactive meetings and workshops, discussing questions, issues and recommendations in groups.
- Tracking our competitors, gathering intelligence on product differentiation and using this to leverage Trimble’s market advantage.
- Working closely with our Product Management team to inform and prioritise our roadmap in response to customer’s requests, and outcompete alternative solutions.
- Using your industry experience to support our marketing efforts by providing content and messaging for demo videos, feature insights, magazine/website articles etc.
Skills/Qualifications/Background you’ll need for the job:
- Skilled in the use of Autodesk Revit MEP.
- Qualified to HNC, HND or higher level in Electrical Engineering.
- A background in MEP with strong hands-on experience in the UK market, working as an Electrical Engineer for an Engineering Consultancy or a Contracting company, or performing a similar role to this within a Software organisation.
Enhanced Knowledge & Experience that are helpful but not required:
- Knowledge of Mechanical Design services.
- Experience in Trimble ProDesign, Autocad, Fab MEP, Stabicad and/or Magicad software applications (other similar programmes would be beneficial too).
What we can offer you…
- An opportunity to work with cutting edge technologies.
- A lead role with visibility, autonomy and technical challenges.
- A career within a close knit team but one that is part of a global organisation that spans multiple industries, across 40+ countries, with a workforce of over 11,500 individuals.
- We train, mentor, support and encourage individuality.
- Generous compensation package including company performance related bonus, pension contributions, referral commission for other Trimble divisions.
- Trimble doesn't just offer jobs, they offer a career.
Want to join us?
Apply today via the Apply button.
Trimble Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, or any other protected factor. EOE/M/F/V/D