About the job
Salary: £39,880 - £42,821 a year plus £3,203 car benefit allowance
Hours per week: 37
Contract type: Permanent
Our Inclusive Economy department are looking for an Electrical Engineer to provide leadership in carrying out all aspects of electrical services design. This role is based within the Project Design and Delivery Team where you will be dealing with the development of construction projects including schools, commercial properties, housing and public buildings. The team is ~30 strong and includes Engineers, Architects, Project Managers, Quantity Surveyors and Clerk of Works.
This role will involve co-ordinating, monitoring and supervising the professional design services and standards delivered by internal engineers and external consultants and ensuring that technical and financial criteria is met from concept to completion
Our ideal candidate will need experience of acting as the Lead Electrical Designer in a multidisciplinary design team across a range of building typologies.
You’ll need to be able to write complex reports and briefing documents for external consultants but have the soft skills to work with our clients and end users . You will need to be able to produce drawings using AutoCAD, however, we are already starting to transition to Revit and Cymap based software (Training can be provided)
We need someone who can carry out electrical design calculations including using computer programmes such as Hevacomp. You need to be able to prioritise, plan and manage your own workload and projects and be able to meet conflicting work demands, fee targets and deadlines.
You’ll need to be a strong communicator who can maintain effective working relationships both internally and externally and be skilled in consulting, negotiating and influencing others.
You will have the opportunity to develop on your already existing knowledge of current relevant legislation and statutory requirements. This includes CDM regulations, asbestos regulations and IEE regulations.
We do ask that you have a relevant professional qualification and membership of an appropriate institute e.g. CIBSE, IEE, or equivalent qualification or equivalent verifiable work based experience and training.
This role will also include needing to be able to perform site visits and access all part of building sites including the use of ladders and scaffolding.
We offer a range of excellent staff benefits which include:
- generous holiday entitlement with the option to buy up to 20 days
- flexible working arrangements - we welcome requests for flexible working arrangements including part-time hours and alternative working patterns. We also have options for working from home for part of the week.
- 24/7 independent Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- local government pension with a generous employer contribution of 17.3%
- excellent support and development
- relocation package available up to £8,500 (subject to meeting eligibility criteria)
- half price season ticket on Thameslink train line
- discounted shopping including gym membership and Vauxhall cars
- Luton Council is proud to offer a Housing Brokerage Service for Key Workers to help and support eligible employees in finding suitable housing
Click Apply below for more information and to apply.