Are you as excited about the future of Hydrogen as we are? This is a truly unique opportunity to join the UK’s leading Hydrogen company on the journey towards net zero transport.
ITM Motive is a wholly owned subsidiary of ITM Power. As such ITM Power has recently raised £30m for Motive to expand its network of Hydrogen Refuelling Stations in Great Britain and is actively looking at increasing this pot. Motive is committed to maintaining its place as the leading supplier and operator of Hydrogen Refuelling Stations in the UK. We expect to see substantial growth in the network of these stations over the next few years and so we are looking to significantly expand our team.
Working within the design team, the successful candidate will help to ensure timely delivery and product support of electrical control systems for hydrogen storage and dispensing systems.
- Creation of user requirements and functional design specifications in accordance with company standards.
- Development of control and safety concept.
- Definition of PLC automation system and software coding.
- Development and implementation of software/hardware upgrades for in-service plant.
- Development and execution of control system test plans (loop test, IO checking).
- Fault finding and resolution in PLC and MCC electrical panels.
- PLC software fault finding and modification.
- Participate in plant safety studies and design reviews (HAZOP/LOPA).
- Creation of automation project documentation (cause & effect, alarm lists, ITPs)
- This position will involve site work in the UK, travel may at times be required at short notice.
What are we looking for?
- You should hold a degree in a subject related to electrical or control systems engineering or be a time served engineer with relevant experience.
Knowledge and Experience
- Experienced working with industrial automation and electrical systems.
- Siemens PLCs, specifically S7-300/400/1200/1500.
- Safety systems including safety relays and safety PLCs.
- Programming in TIA Portal or Step 7 using one or more of the following programming languages ladder logic, CFC and SCL (experience with safety systems is advantageous).
- Experience with Profibus, ProfiNet and Modbus communication protocols (advantageous).
- Experienced working (and fault finding) in electrical panels.
- Experience with ATEX, pneumatic or hydraulic systems (advantageous.)
Skills and Abilities
- Candidate should have strong organisational skills, be self-motivated and enjoy working in a team environment.
- A can-do attitude and a willingness to get involved in all aspects of the project lifecycle.
- Capability to work on multiple project simultaneously.
- An attention to detail and a methodical approach to work is essential for this role.
- A full UK driving licence.
Our competitive salary package includes an excellent contributory pension, 25 days holiday per year plus bank holidays and a wider range of benefits. We know your career is important to you, it’s important to us too, which is why we also offer opportunities for you to grow and develop your career. If you are looking to join a growing, dynamic business and want to be part of our amazing team we would love to hear from you.
Our success is driven by the exceptional diversity of our people. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, committed to promoting and creating a diverse and inclusive environment where we encourage our employees to learn and grow, fuelled by mutual respect in a place where ideas flow and thrive.