Mechanical Design Engineer
Salary: £31,931 to £34,709 per annum (dependent on skills and experience). A specialist allowance of £3000 per annum is also available for this role.
Location: Science and Technology Facilities Council, Rutherford Appleton Laboratory Harwell, Oxfordshire.
We currently have a great opportunity for a Mechanical Design Engineer to join our team at the ISIS Neutron and Muon Source! Working as part of the sample environment design group, you will lead on the design, development and procurement for some of our complex systems.
The Science and Technology Facilities Council (STFC) owns and operates the ISIS facility. It is a world-leading centre for research in the physical and life sciences where our suite of neutron and muon instruments give unique insights into the properties of materials on the atomic scale. Our ISIS sample environment group provide key support to the user community carrying out scientific studies at the ISIS facility, and there is an active programme of development of these systems as part of a wider facility growth.
Within this role, your responsibilities will include:
- Crafting mechanical systems from first principles. These may include: Cryogenic, Pressure, Vacuum, High temperature.
- Carrying out appropriate analysis of the systems.
- Project management (including scheduling, setting and controlling budgets, planning, documentation, and reporting).
We are looking for someone with:
- Significant experience as a mechanical design engineer, working on a wide range of engineering projects.
- Good practical knowledge of complex systems, such as cryogenic, pressure, or vacuum equipment.
- A degree or apprentice in mechanical engineering, or equivalent.
We are offering a permanent position that provides a whole host of benefits including; 30 days holiday (in addition to bank holidays), an excellent pension scheme, employee shopping/travel discounts, a salary sacrifice cycle to work scheme, plus many more benefits and wellbeing initiatives that enable our employees to have an excellent work-life balance.
We will ensure, where possible, that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
UKRI is an Equal Opportunity & Disability Confident Employer.
How to apply:
For full details of this post view: Mechanical Design Engineer - Careers Portal Careers.
Closing Date: 14th August 2021