Role: Senior Quality Engineer
Closing date: 13th August 2021
Location: Reading/Basingstoke area
Salary: AWE offers a competitive salary, market leading contributory pension scheme, generous holiday entitlement, excellent work/life balance including a 9-day working fortnight and flexible working hours (role dependent).
It takes a special sort of person to work at AWE. What if that person was you? AWE plays a crucial role in nuclear defence, providing the warheads for the UK's nuclear deterrent. What we do is unique and so are the people who work here.
You will Lead the delivery of Quality Engineering within the specific Quality areas they represent. Support the Quality team and stakeholders in the development of processes and Quality applications. Drive the expansion of Quality tools and improvements in overall Quality performance. Plan and deliver technical assessments using appropriate methodologies and contributing to capability development.
· Support the implementation and development of tools, techniques and validation methods to ensure Right First-Time methodology.
· Generate KPI data and reports to support improvement through accurate metrics and action plans.
· Engage with relevant stakeholders across AWE to promote Quality influence at all stages of projects and programmes.
To be successful in this role you will have:
· Relevant HNC/HND or equivalent qualification and/or experience.
· Membership of a recognized related professional body or working towards i.e. MCQI.
· Training in the use of lean and six sigma techniques and/or other related problem solving and improvement tools.
· Experience of process management and working in quality management, implementing quality and process management systems.
· Implementing appropriate and tailored solutions in a cost effective and cost-efficient way.
· Good knowledge of the national and international standards for quality and business management systems.
· Good depth and breadth of knowledge within their technical field.
· Technical knowledge of the configuration and certification requirements for high integrity products.
· knowledge in quality management, data analysis, problem solving and performance improvement.