MBDA Missile Systems - Deliver for a more secure tomorrow
Salary: Up to £45K + Bonus + Excellent Benefits
Full time and Part time working considered
A phenomenal opportunity has arisen for an Electronics Design Engineer to join our team in Bolton to support production activities and act as an interface between the design teams in Stevenage and manufacturing in Bolton. Whilst the primary aim is focused on the highly advanced module missile programmes, there is scope to work on other unique opportunities, offering the right candidate a true engineering challenge in their core field, whilst providing scope for growth.
What we’re looking for
- Likely to be degree / HND qualified in Electronics or a closely related subject.
- Significant proven experience in the design of Digital and Analogue electronics, preferably in the defence industry, (but not essential).
- Experience of switch mode power supplies would also be an advantage, (but not essential).
- The pro-activeness, motivation, ability and tenacity to resolve issues and generate solutions to problems whilst under time pressure.
- Excellent verbal communication, negotiation and influencing skills, with the ability to write clear and concise engineering documentation.
- The ability to work autonomously to lead the delivery of your work assignments and actively engage with partners to ensure successful delivery.
- Experience in supporting manufacturing and resolving manufacturing issues is an advantage, but not essential.
Note: This role requires reasonable travel in the UK and could involve some travel overseas in Europe (subject to COVID-19 restrictions).
What’s in it for you?
This role provides a unique opportunity to bring together the design and production areas to ease the transition of a product into production. The scope to learn and enhance your capabilities and understanding of both environments is a rare opportunity.
You will have plenty of opportunity to interface and influence at all levels of the organisation and to enhance the relationship between design and manufacturing especially in ensuring that our designs are robust and contain the features necessary to improve manufacturability and testability.
*Flexible working *opportunities for career progression *paid overtime (subject to level) *great bonus scheme *comprehensive pension scheme *annual salary review *fantastic working environment and site facilities *social, charitable and sporting activities.
Join a great team!
The design support team is a multi-skilled team of interdependent, highly capable and committed individuals. They are the crucial link between design and manufacturing and must use all of their experience, technical and personal capabilities to interface to both areas of the business, where time and cost pressures often cause rifts in the interface that must be carefully handled for success. The team is friendly and supportive and is respected throughout the manufacturing and design organisations.
MBDA is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
We’re here to help and want to ensure you have a positive experience throughout our recruitment process. We recognise that everyone is unique and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments.
MBDA is a proud member of Working Families – the UK’s work-life balance organisation. We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
We understand that flexibility benefits our people, our teams and our business; wherever possible we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working
Follow MBDA on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers) and Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK).
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role.