Cubic offers an opportunity to provide innovative technology for government and commercial customers around the globe, helping to solve their future problems today. We’re the leading integrator of payment and information technology and services for intelligent travel solutions worldwide. Cubic UK developed and continue to support the Oyster card system for London. Many additional features and devices have been added to the system since its inception which now supports contactless bank card payments.
Our agile UK based Software Development team work across the specification, design and development of bespoke Cubic devices. Engineers will apply software best practices such as Automated Testing (Google Test and VSTest), Continuous Integration, Test Driven Development, SOLID and Clean Code principles and work in collaboration with regional and global colleagues. We are seeking applications from candidates with a combination of the following skills/experiences;
- C++ embedded, C# embedded or Java development experience
- defining test plans and test data requirements
- troubleshooting and debugging applications
- object Oriented Design (e.g. UML) and implementation, along with Design patterns
- contributing to the development of the architecture for applications
- building reusable code and libraries, ensuring thorough application documentation for future use
- Scrum or Kanban. GIT and Jenkins
- DOORS, Test Rail and JIRA
Please note that you do not need to meet all of these requirements as this will vary depending on the level of role you wish to be considered for.
As we continue to expand our system and its capabilities, we are looking for Software Engineers (at varying levels) inspired by technology and motivated by the rewards of commitment, teamwork, quality, integrity, and respect. We welcome you to submit an application to find out more about Cubic and our career opportunities. A member of our Talent team will be in touch!