At Cubic, we love to solve problems and give travellers choices in how to pay their fares quickly and safely through our revenue management and Intelligent Transport Systems (ITS) systems and tools. We enable transportation authorities and agencies to manage demand across the entire transportation network - all in real time. We continually strive for innovation and improvement in the overall user experience through faster fare payment and efficient information management. Our track record in revenue management, real-time passenger information and intelligent traffic management systems is built on our commitment to delivering innovative, open and customer-focused solutions. Delivering end-to-end systems and services based on innovation, scalability, specialist integration and the flexibility to grow with changing requirements and emerging technology for the complete mobility network is what Cubic does best.
We deliver to the major cities around the world and in the United Kingdom we are best known as the technology and service provider for London’s Oyster Card System.
As an employer, we are committed to investing in our people via learning and development schemes, social events and achieving a good work/life balance.
You will form a critical part of the Global Operations Infrastructure Team, reporting into the Infrastructure Team Lead you will be responsible for managing, maintaining and supporting Cubic’s customers test and production systems on the Windows platform utilised by millions of travellers around the world on a daily basis.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintaining an estate of Windows servers running mission critical server roles and customer applications.
- Systems Administration of Microsoft Windows (2003, 2008, 2012, 2016), implementation, maintenance, documentation and troubleshooting.
- Ensuring all servers are kept up to date with the latest security patches, deployed and updated via WSUS or equivalent third party software.
- Providing 3rd line support, including out of hours support, to critical incidents.
- Participation in on-call IT support rota.
- Configuring and planning of backup, archive and restore using tools such as Veritas Netback up.
- Disaster recovery design, planning and testing.
- Support project deployments and critical incidents with out of hours working as required.
- Ensure system changes have appropriate check and balances in place to minimise the risk of service disruption.
- Work from other Cubic or customer sites as required.
- Comply with Cubic’s values and adherence to all company policy and procedures. In particular comply with the code of conduct, quality, security and occupational health, safety and environmental policies and procedures.
- In addition to the duties and responsibilities listed, the job holder is required to perform other duties assigned by their manager from time-to-time, as may be reasonably required of them.
Skills knowledge and experience:
- Strong commercial/practical background within Wintel administration
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory Services
- Experience of managing virtualized environments, VMWARE, HyperV, Azure
- Experience of supporting high availability systems including clustered servers and replicated systems
- Active Directory Infrastructure (including DNS / DHCP / DFS / WSUS)
- Group Policy management
- VMWare 5/6 (Vsphere)
- Patch management
- Change and Incident Management
- Disaster recovery
- LAN and WAN TCP/IP networks.
- Fibre channel networks
- Veritas NetBackup
- MS Windows Server Administration
- VMWare Administration experience
- Experience of Microsoft Azure
- Experience of Citrix Xenapp
- Experience of Powershell, vb.net, c#.net or windows batch scripting
Education and qualifications:
- A strong academic background in related IT/Computer Science discipline or equivalent
- Current MCSA / MCSE
- Foundation in ITIL
- VMWARE qualifications
- A university degree in a numerate subject (e.g. Computer Science, maths, engineering, natural science)
- A computer science qualification
- Ability to work both autonomously when required and productively within a cross-functional team environment
- Responsible, organised, logical thought process
- Positive attitude
- Team player
- Diligent, with attention to detail. Able to problem solve and find effective and timely resolutions
- Organised with the ability to handle multiple projects and undertake new tasks quickly
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Demonstrates excellent interpersonal skills with a willingness to share knowledge, coach and collaborate effectively with individuals and other departments
- An enthusiasm for new technologies and their application for both business and consumers
- A natural curiosity and a passion for learning new skills. A continuous improvement mindset
- The tenacity to keep going when things get difficult, an optimistic and upbeat personal manner
- Analytical problem solver who is able to quickly & accurately identify key issues
- Approachable, adaptable and flexible and able to work on their own or as part of a team