AWE are currently seeking a Configuration Specialist to support the Senior Configuration Specialist(s) to deliver a configuration management service in accordance with Configuration Management Plans (CMP) that supports the area(s) of responsibility, contributing to Licence Condition 22 compliance.
Location - Reading area
AWE offer a competitive salary, market leading contributory pension scheme, generous holiday entitlement, excellent work/life balance including a 9-day working fortnight and flexible working hours (role dependant). A salary sacrifice scheme is also available. WE welcome applications from candidates looking for full and part time hours.
* Accountable to the Configuration Manager for the provision of engineering support in delivering a safe and efficient Configuration Management service.
* Monitor the progress of changes, ensuring compliance with Configuration Management procedures and that those changes are accurately recorded and documented upon implementation.
* Working with the Change Mgr./Quorate Change Board members/SMEs to fully understand all live changes, their impact on each other and highlight potential operational risks relating to safety and programme.
* Assess, understand and communicate the impact of change accumulation, especially to safety/risk/budget/deadline/regulations.
* Provide, as appropriate, advice and guidance on Configuration Management standards, applicable legislation and company processes and procedures.
* Maintain and promote high personal standards in environment, safety, health, security and quality and be a great team player.
* Additional accountabilities for this job profile may be defined and appointed through the Chief Engineer Management Arrangements, with appointees listed within the Company Design Authorities and Technical Authorities, as held in the company management system.
* To ensure that I understand and apply my responsibilities with regard to the Company's Environment, Health, Safety, Security and Quality Standards.
* Performance delivery.
* Establish Configuration Identification requirements.
* Ensure Configuration Items (CI's) and/or baselines are maintained under configuration control.
* Ensure configured documentation represents the current 'as-installed' status.
* Manage change control procedure(s) and demonstrate adherence through status accounting