Work within an agile multidisciplinary Engineering team and responsible for the electronic/electrical design of products. The role covers the full lifecycle including the development, prototyping, integration, qualification testing and delivery to production. Collaborate fully with global engineering teams regarding all aspects of the design in supporting our customers.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
· Responsible for electrical and electronic engineering to fulfil customer or development requirements through design, component specification, prototype, testing and full documentation stages.
· Work closely with the mechanical, systems and software teams in the delivery of bespoke products including station gates and payment and validation devices
· Work closely with systems engineering to define and manage the sub-systems requirements throughout the development lifecycle ensuring the design can be verified against all hardware requirements.
· Achieve design to cost targets with support from production and procurement teams.
· Provide ongoing design support for new products during any pilot installations and commissioning in the field, in addition to in-service support for existing products
· Create test specifications and work with eternal test houses as required
· Responsible for EMC and will support Thermal, Ingress Protection, shock and vibration and other certification tests as required.
· Responsible for the creation and management of the product technical file ensuring all relevant test reports and design evidence are collated for sign off by the senior engineer.
· Prepare systems and engineering specifications to obtain quotations from subcontractors and materials suppliers
· Provide technical assistance to all areas of the business on specific issues relating to electronic engineering
· Interface directly with customers as required
· Comply with Cubic’s values and adherence to all company policy and procedures. In particular comply with the code of conduct, quality, security and occupational health, safety and environmental policies and procedures.
· In addition to the duties and responsibilities listed, the job holder is required to perform other duties assigned by their manager from time-to-time, as may be reasonably required of them.
Minimum Job Requirements:
Skills knowledge and experience:
· Background working in an Electronic Design and Manufacturing role
· Analogue and digital design experience
· Working knowledge of EMC and LVD directives (Electromagnetic Compatibility and Low Voltage Directive)
· Experience preparing design and test specifications
· Experience of schematic capture and PCB layout using Altium
· Electrical cable design using AutoCAD
· Experience designing solutions or PCBs using RS232, USB, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and Ethernet interfaces
· Experience using Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) software
· Experience with Radio-frequency identification (RFID)
· Contactless smartcard/automated fare collection systems
· Experience writing user requirements and using DOORS
· Experience designing reliable products for harsh environments
· Experience working in Agile and Scrum Teams
· Experience using Jira
· Simulation experience using Hyper Lynx and Ansys
Education and qualifications
· Degree in Electronic/Electrical Engineering or Computing or equivalent education/experience
· Member of the Institution of Engineering and Technology (MIET)
· Chartered Member of the Institute of Mechanical Engineers (CEng)
· Able to work independently and as part of a team
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Aspiration with potential for advancement
The description provided above is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties, responsibilities and requirements. Duties, responsibilities and requirements may change over time and according to business need.