AWE is currently recruiting for an ambitious individual to develop Radiography / Non-Destructive Testing processes leading to the assurance of Products. The role is to support current and future programmes.
Location - Reading/Basingstoke area
Package - Salary £33,850 - c£40,000 (depending on suitability and level of experience)
AWE offer a competitive salary, market leading contributory pension scheme, generous holiday entitlement, excellent work/life balance including a 9-day working fortnight and flexible working hours (role dependent). A salary sacrifice scheme is also available. We will consider candidates looking for full time or part time hours.
Your role will grow to be responsible to:
- Develop specialist knowledge through continuous professional development (CPD), company training, suppliers and Communities of Practice (CoP)
- Innovate to create and implement new strategies to inspect for defects in future Products by developing new methodologies, including Design for Inspection principles
- Represent Quality Support in Product Design, Technical or Task reviews, defect reviews and stakeholder meetings as required to ensure Quality is represented
- Deliver Quality Inspection Assessments for Product Certification to ensure that Production targets are met
- Engage with relevant stakeholders across AWE, the UK and our international partners
We would love to hear from individuals with some relevant experience in developing Radiography processes. Typically, we would expect you to have some knowledge and/or experience of:
- Computed Tomography and Radiography
- Advanced Ultrasonics (PA, TOFD & Immersion) would be advantageous.
- Problem resolution and continuous improvement tools and techniques
- Radiography Inspection practices
- Working knowledge of the Ionising Radiation Regulations
- Candidates must be willing and able to obtain and maintain the necessary security clearance for the role.