To Lead an Information Services Team in the development, implementation and operation of Infrastructure Systems across AWE, including working with key customers and suppliers. To manage AWE's Information Technology Infrastructure and participate in the development of the future direction of IT.
Location - Reading area
AWE offer a competitive salary, market leading contributory pension scheme, generous holiday entitlement, excellent work/life balance including a 9-day working fortnight in the UK and flexible working hours (role dependent). A salary sacrifice scheme is also available. We welcome applications from candidates looking for full and part time hours for this role.
Due to the nature of this role, we can only accept British Nationals, holding a British Passport only.
- Monthly reporting of metrics through SLAs
- Working experience of Incident and change management processes
- To ensure Information Services Team is properly resourced and effectively delivering its commitments to both sustainment and project deliverables. Ensure that work undertaken is in compliance with applicable legislation and to MoD/SWE standards.
- To manage the day-to-day sustainment of infrastructure systems, ensuring that planning, end-user impact, change management, training and quality management are properly addressed and monitored to ensure that deadlines, budgets and service levels are met and results delivered.
- To manage and develop the Information Services Team. Support them to plan and prioritise their workloads, set objectives, conduct appraisals and to continually improve their performance and results.
- Maintain and promote high personal standards in environment, safety, health, security and quality and be a great team player.
- Additional accountabilities for this job profile may be defined and appointed through the Chief Engineer Management Arrangements, with appointees listed within the Company Design Authorities and Technical Authorities, as held in the company management system.
- Manage Operations
- Provide Leadership in managing people and Infrastructure.
- Allocation of staff to projects, services and tasks, managing workloads and staff availability issues as well as individual capability.
- Provide guidance, expertise and leadership to staff on the technical, professional and specialist aspects of the work to ensure that the agreed standards of quality and customer satisfaction are achieved.
- To build sound working relationships with the team's customer community in order to gain an understanding of customer requirements, business drivers and satisfaction levels from the service provided.
- Plan and control own workload to ensure all targets are met, identifying dependencies and mitigating risks.
- Provide weekly cascades, safety and security briefs to team members as required.
- Liaise with specialist contractors and suppliers.
- Plan and facilitate effective meetings.
- Implement changes and new systems or programs within the Team.
- Engage staff in using best-practice tools and methodology.
- The Company may require you to fulfil any other reasonable duties aligned to your position from time to time in line with business needs.