MBDA Missile Systems - Deliver for a more secure tomorrow
Salary: Up to £60,000 (doe)
Benefits: *Flexible working *opportunities for career progression *paid overtime (subject to level) *great bonus scheme *comprehensive pension scheme *annual salary review *fantastic working environment and site facilities *social, charitable and sporting activities.
We are looking for capable, adaptable and inquisitive software engineers to join our maritime command and control development team. These world leading warship based systems provide the capability for users to utilise our weapon systems under extremes of pressure!
You should be passionate about how software fulfils the system software challenge in a complex weapon system. Our software in this department is generally written in Ada using MASCOT but we have found that these tools are readily mastered by capable software engineers and effective training, help and support will always be provided.
Our latest command and control systems are in service with the Royal Navy and will continue to evolve improving; performance, usability, integrating new effectors and continuously stretching system capabilities.
What we’re looking for
- A strong background or keen interest in system software, its realisation and system wide impact.
- An ability to work across the entire software development process from engaging with requirement authorities to automated target integration and proving, supported with effective documentation.
- Software engineers that can bring experience of new tools, techniques and approaches that might enable us to evolve our processes to improve our effectiveness and sustainability.
What’s in it for you?
- This is a great role for someone with a passion for system software and its successful deployment in modern systems. You will be working with people and technologies at the forefront of European missile systems design, supporting the development of safe, secure and reliable products that our customers can rely on.
- Within software engineering at MBDA there is the full range of opportunities from low-level hardware interfacing to AI backed decision making, and we look to support each engineer as their interests and capabilities develop.
Join a great team!
- We are critical and influential inside of an energetic Software Engineering Directorate and part of a large dynamic and responsive company.
- The teams develop the high performance Command and Control elements of layered Air Defence weapon systems.
- This software is characterised by having high numbers of complex parallel operations to safely manage diverse threats in cluttered situations within tight time constraints.
- Complex battlespace integrated software products designed and developed using latest technologies.
MBDA is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
We’re here to help and want to ensure you have a positive experience throughout our recruitment process. We recognise that everyone is unique and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments.
MBDA is a proud member of Working Families – the UK’s work-life balance organisation. We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
We understand that flexibility benefits our people, our teams and our business; wherever possible we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working.
Follow MBDA on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers) and Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK).
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role.