Frazer-Nash electrical engineers support a broad range of electrical projects within the energy, defence and industry sectors. The vast majority of our client base are highly regulated safety critical industries, often our clients’ are delivering the highest profile engineering challenges in the UK. We are currently working on nuclear new build and plant life extensions to existing power stations, defence facility upgrades, COMAH sites, renewable energy and storage schemes; as well as marine power system development, asset management and process plant design projects and have an appetite to grow each of these service capabilities.
Our electrical engineers support these challenging activities across the project lifecycle, from requirements capture, FEED to qualification and commissioning, also providing robust independent technical assessment and analysis of proposed designs in support of clients and Regulators. We deliver this work underpinned by our core values:
We care - We work with openness and collaborate effectively.
We are trusted - Effective collaboration is founded upon trust. We earn the trust of our customers and deliver on the commitments we make to our colleagues.
We deliver success - We deliver value and success to our customers and to our business. We continually strive to be the best at what we do.
We want to do things that matter - We seek out interesting and satisfying work that helps makes a difference in society.
We are searching for a Chartered Electrical Engineer with proven electrical design experience to provide technical oversight and mentorship of our electrical engineers. This is an exciting time to join our team and help grow our electrical engineering capability; our reputation for quality has led to strong demand from our civil nuclear, power & transmission and defence clients. This role will be an opportunity to progress technically and as a team leader.
Our work often has a safety critical element and interfaces with other teams within Frazer-Nash to deliver a multi-disciplined service offering, managing these interfaces and effective communication internally and to clients is an essential element of this role.
Our recent electrical projects demonstrate the variety of our work and include design optioneering for a new UK fusion reactor, scheme design of back-up generation for a critical national infrastructure site, dynamic modelling of Hinkley Point C electrical system and life extension review of an LNG facility.
- Focal point for technical queries in the team and apply knowledge or research to solve challenging client problems.
- Support proposal development including technical solution, programme, budget, and risk mitigations.
- Technical oversight of electrical project delivery; including verification and approval of deliverables.
- Support project reporting and risk management.
- Provide electrical subject matter expertise to design reviews.
- Assess the development of new technology in key markets and manage our response to develop capability and knowledge to meet new demands.
- Mentoring and coaching of early careers electrical engineers towards chartership.
Our people are at the very heart of what we do, they are the reason our clients work with us to solve some of their greatest challenges. At Frazer-Nash, we want all of our people to feel they belong, confident in the knowledge that we value and respect the commitment they have made by entrusting their careers and expertise to us.
We are committed to fostering a working culture that brings out the very best in our people, regardless of their circumstances, identity or background. We want our people to be themselves, feel empowered to achieve their personal and professional goals, and know that we respect the unique value they bring to the company. In support of this, we encourage thoughtful behaviours and work to foster a collaborative working environment.
The successful applicant will meet the following minimum requirements:
- Chartered Electrical Engineer (MIET / FIET).
- Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering (or demonstratable equivalent experience).
- Strong underlying technical knowledge of electrical power systems.
- Proven technical leadership on HV Electrical design projects (preferably in regulated industries).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, experienced in verification and approval of deliverables.
- Experience in mentorship and development of others.
- Experienced in interfacing and negotiating with Clients, DNOs and Regulators, including project reporting and risk management.
- It is to your advantage if you meet any or all the following additional requirements:
Have up to date knowledge and experience in the electrical discipline in particular relation to the following:
- Electrical Design (FEED and Design Specification and substantiation).
- High voltage AC and DC electrical power and distribution system design, including earthing.
- Nuclear sector experience.
- Renewable energy systems and energy storage.
- Innovation, Smart Grids and Private Wire Networks.
- Specialist equipment support, for example: generators, transformers, switchgear, HVDC Converters, cables, etc.
- Marine Power System Design.
- Power Systems Asset Management ISO 55001 Certified.
- Power system / grid connection studies.
- Power System Modelling experience (Digsilent, ETAP, PSSE, Amtech, SimPower Systems).
- Experience with working to the requirements of ISO 9001.
Career satisfaction and reward for ongoing commitment are what you can expect working at Frazer-Nash. We want to help you grow your career by providing you with the best opportunities for training and development. We also have some excellent benefits you'll want to take advantage of.
We provide our people with an excellent benefits package that comprises:
- Competitive salary
- 25 days' holiday entitlement
- Happy to talk flexible working
- Holiday sale and purchase scheme
- Enhanced parental benefits
- Company pension scheme
- Targeted professional development
- Life assurance
- Private healthcare membership
- Bonus scheme linked into company performance
- Paid membership fees to a professional institution
- Support in attaining professional membership
- Cycle to work scheme
- Share purchase scheme
- Season rail ticket loan
How to apply
Please click the apply button below, this will take you to more information about the role and the direct application link.