We are recruiting for a Convoy Communications Specialist to support and maintain communications for the AWE CONVOY.
Location - Reading area
AWE offer a competitive salary, market leading contributory pension scheme, generous holiday entitlement, excellent work/life balance including a 9-day working fortnight in the UK and flexible working hours (role dependent). A salary sacrifice scheme is also available. We welcome applications from candidates looking for full and part time hours for this role.
Due to the nature of this role, we can only accept British Nationals, holding a British Passport only.
- To support the Convoy Operations Manager and Team Leaders in maintaining the operational status, and maximising availability of assets to programme demanders.
- Escalation of significant issues to the Technical Service Manager and Team Leader.
- Maintain and promote high personal standards in environment, safety, health, security and quality and be a great team player.
- Additional accountabilities for this job profile may be defined and appointed through the Chief Engineer Management Arrangements, with appointees listed within the Company Design Authorities and Technical Authorities, as held in the company management system.
- Day to day operational management of the NW Convoy's communications systems.
- Be responsible for diagnosing and following through to resolution any problems, escalating to team members or other teams and vendors when required.
- Install radio equipment in vehicles and facilities as required
- Build relationships with other teams within Convoy Operations to enable better support and communications.
- To maintain technical skills to allow us to benefit from new and emerging technologies in order to make supportive decisions
- To provide weekly reports to the team leader.
- Undertake tasks assigned by line management.
- Develop the right culture, and encourage continuous improvement.
- Support other members of AWE Community in delivering for AWE.
- Support the implementation of Mission, Vision and Business Strategy.
- The Company may require you to fulfil any other reasonable duties aligned to your position from time to time in line with business needs.
You should be qualified to the minimum of an HNC in Electronics or equivalent.