We are recruiting for a ecurity Manager to work in Valduc, France. The AWE security team is a multi-disciplined team working to mitigate the full range of threats that AWE faces. We value diversity and are looking for experienced security professionals who can demonstrate strong people skills, working with the full range of stakeholders, employees and contractors to enable our programmes to flourish securely.
Whilst the role is based in France, and would require a good deal of autonomy and local decision-making, it is fully supported by both the AWE team on site and the security team back in the UK. We are extremely keen to develop our staff, and can provide professional qualifications and experience to develop the right candidate in the role and through their career at AWE.
Location - Reading area
AWE offer a competitive salary, market leading contributory pension scheme, generous holiday entitlement, excellent work/life balance including a 9-day working fortnight in the UK and flexible working hours (role dependent). A salary sacrifice scheme is also available. We welcome applications from candidates looking for full and part time hours for this role.
* Understand, interpret and apply MOD security policies and any other relevant standards in a way that best supports the needs of the security operational areas and the company, whilst remaining compliant with all mandated requirements.
* Plan and lead in the conduct of assurance activity to ensure the correct application of security policies and the maintenance of security standards across the Epure Security Operational Area in France
* First level leader.
* Maintain and promote high personal standards in environment, safety, health, security and quality, and be a great team player.
* Additional accountabilities for this job profile may be defined and appointed through the Chief Engineer Management Arrangements, with appointees listed within the Company Design Authorities and Technical Authorities, as held in the company management system.
* Author new security policies and processes as relevant to the Epure Security Operational Area in France .
* Continually review existing security policies and processes to enable the maintenance of security
standards that are both proportionate and relevant to the threat.
* Identify and manage security risks as necessary within the Security Operational Area.
* Continually assess the performance and effectiveness of all aspects of security, to include the planning and conduct of facility security audits, and influence the relevant personnel to undertake corrective action where improvements are needed.
* Lead in the planning, conduct and review of security operations and training within the Security
Operational Area, to include the drafting and issuing of security plans.
Support Company projects, including; engagement with stakeholders, the provision of proportionate and relevant advice and support, the identification and articulation of security