General Dynamics Mission Systems is seeking a full-time Principal Security Engineer to provide security domain expertise, focusing on usability, interoperability, and multi-security domain operations set within the broader context of the UK Defence Enterprise. This IT Security Engineer role is remote and comes with an excellent salary of £60k-£75k.
Your Security Engineer responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring that security control sets are maintained
- Defining target end state for security controls used with projects
- Advising stakeholders on compliance with security policy and controls
- Mentoring and guiding more junior staff in the specialist security domain
To be successful as a Security Expert, you will need significant experience working in system design development programmes, specialising in security design. You will also need experience in delivering complex systems through the whole security life-cycle and knowledge of security defence standards, policies, and guidelines.
Our Company benefits
We pride ourselves in being a great place to work with a shared sense of purpose, offering impressive benefits:
- A compressed nine-day fortnight and compressed hours – which means every other Friday off
- A personalised career development plan, alongside regular progress reviews - supporting and valuing your progression within the Company
- A flexible working environment where your contributions are recognised and rewarded with a flexible benefits scheme
General Dynamics Mission Systems aims to be as flexible as possible so this role could either be based working from home, with a requirement for travel to our site or based within our offices in Oakdale depending upon your preference
Don't hesitate to contact us today to apply for this Principal Security Engineer job.
General Dynamics Mission Systems engineers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to execute missions across all domains of operation successfully. We believe in maintaining a diverse workplace, including beliefs, cultural background, job experiences, thoughts, and ideas. If who we are and what we do resonates with you, we welcome you to join our inclusive team!
As part of our commitment to inclusion and diversity we welcome in particular applications from women, members of the LGBTQ+ community, ethnic minority groups and those with a disability.