MBDA Missile Systems - Deliver for a more secure tomorrow
Salary: £35,000 to £60,000 (doe)
Our benefits: *Flexible working *opportunities for career progression *paid overtime (subject to level) *great bonus scheme *comprehensive pension scheme *annual salary review *fantastic working environment and site facilities *social, charitable and sporting activities.
Are you a forward thinking and hardworking software engineer who is passionate about creating high quality software and looking to take your career to the next level?
This is a fantastic opportunity to be part of a team at MBDA UK that is starting an exciting phase of redefining the way we develop and deliver software, putting our engineers at the heart of this transformation whilst developing software that facilitates testing across the whole of the MBDA UK product portfolio!
What are we looking for?
We want to learn from new people and are passionate about building robust teams. We therefore invite self-motivated, passionate, adaptable and proficient software engineers to apply for this role where you will be designing and developing Test Equipment software; from early concept to production.
Previous software engineering experience in the development of test solutions, along with:
- Strong ability to write software in C / C++; experience with C# and scripting languages would be an advantage to our future strategy.
- A good understanding of automation, continuous integration and DevOps principles and practices
- Previous experience working in an agile development team.
- Knowledge of electronics measurement and debug techniques using equipment such as oscilloscopes and spectrum analysers
- Understanding of communications and serial interfaces such as RS422, RS485, Modbus, CAN and 1553
- Experience of Test Driven Development within a software engineering context and comfortable with practices like pair programming and lightweight design modelling
What’s in it for you?
- A department supporting the whole product portfolio throughout the entire engineering lifecycle; this will give you the platform to significantly increase your engineering skills and knowledge.
- To input and craft how Software is developed at MBDA by introducing new development techniques and tools.
- Working in a Software Engineering office / lab environment engaging with test equipment and electronic circuitry.
- Taking part in special interest groups and communities to improve the way we not only develop but also deliver software.
- Great personal development opportunities through various learning and development initiatives to keep your skills at the forefront of software engineering.
Join a great team!
- We are a team with a great balance of new ideas and in depth experience which promotes a highly dynamic working environment.
- Join a friendly, motivated team and play a part in its evolution.
- The UK Test Software team is a multi-disciplined, dynamic, focused and agile team of about 50 engineers specialising in all aspects of Test Solution design, including hardware, software and embedded real-time systems. Making it a great place to learn about the company’s entire product range.
MBDA is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
We’re here to help and want to ensure you have a positive experience throughout our recruitment process. We recognise that everyone is unique and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments.
MBDA is a proud member of Working Families – the UK’s work-life balance organisation. We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
We understand that flexibility benefits our people, our teams and our business; wherever possible we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working.
Follow MBDA on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers) and Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK).
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role.