MBDA Missile Systems - Deliver for a more secure tomorrow
Salary: up to £70,000 (doe)
Benefits: *Flexible working *opportunities for career progression *paid overtime (subject to level) *great bonus scheme *comprehensive pension scheme *annual salary review *fantastic working environment and site facilities *social, charitable and sporting activities.
- Are you a forward thinking and talented software leader who is passionate about creating high quality software and looking to take your career to the next level?
- This is a fantastic opportunity to be lead at MBDA UK that is starting an exciting phase of redefining the way we develop and deliver software, putting our engineers at the heart of this transformation whilst developing software that facilitates testing across the whole of the MBDA UK product portfolio.
- We invite you to apply to join a team with a great balance of new ideas and in depth experience which promotes a highly dynamic working environment.
What we’re looking for
We are keen to expand our team with the right people that complement and enrich our culture while empowering our exciting transformation initiative. We want to learn from new people and are passionate about building high performing teams. We therefore invite self-motivated, passionate, adaptable and proficient individuals to apply for this role.
- Being passionate about people – keen to understand what motivates your team and looking to encourage and inspire them to grow.
- Someone comfortable coaching, mentoring and leading managers; your team of managers are responsible for the delivery of a really high quality product into complex overall programmes, where the software is a crucial element.
- Well-honed organisational skills and plenty of experience in steering the development of products from inception through to delivery.
- While not essential, it would be beneficial for you to have a background in developing, delivering and supporting software into a production environment; some knowledge of electronics and the additional complexities of developing software that is a part of a bigger product which is itself evolving at the same time.
- Can articulate the benefits of key software practices like unit testing and good design
- Someone who is comfortable with change and understands the importance of continuous improvement within a modern software development team
What’s in it for you?
- Chance to join a friendly, motivated team and play a part in its evolution.
- Working in a department supporting the whole product portfolio throughout the entire engineering lifecycle will give you the platform to significantly increase your engineering skills and knowledge.
- To input and shape how Software is developed at MBDA by introducing new development techniques and tools
- Working closely with our colleagues across the UK and in France and Italy, so there may be the opportunity to travel both within the UK and to our sites in France and Italy. We also have a secondment scheme between France and the UK.
- Great personal development opportunities through various learning and development initiatives to keep you skills at the forefront of software engineering
- A supportive working environment enabling you to develop and grow your career in a company with expanding horizons.
Join a great team!
The UK Test Software team is a multi-disciplined, dynamic, focused and agile team of about 50 engineers specialising in all aspects of Test Solution design, including hardware, software and embedded real-time systems. It’s a great place to learn about the company’s entire product range.
Work with a huge variety of people of different backgrounds and expertise, passionate about building solutions to sophisticated and complex challenges – you will represent software engineering in these discussions and help shape the future of MBDA’s products.
MBDA is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
We’re here to help and want to ensure you have a positive experience throughout our recruitment process. We recognise that everyone is unique and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments.
MBDA is a proud member of Working Families – the UK’s work-life balance organisation. We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
We understand that flexibility benefits our people, our teams and our business; wherever possible we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working.
Follow MBDA on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers) and Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK).
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role.