MBDA Missile Systems - Deliver for a more secure tomorrow
Salary: £60,000 to £70,000
Our benefits: *Flexible working *opportunities for career progression *paid overtime (subject to level) *great bonus scheme *comprehensive pension scheme *annual salary review *fantastic working environment and site facilities *social, charitable and sporting activities.
Test Software is tasked with supplying software into a wide range of test solutions; Missile test, Simulators and Field Support equipment. We are a busy and fast paced department in a transformation towards being a modern Software Development group. Important for Bolton is providing support to the Manufacturing Line!
- Do you want to be a member of a team that has the technical challenge of testing Missiles and Missile-subcomponents?
- Do you thrive with the sense of achievement to see what you do is used by others?
- Do you have the personality and passion to win hearts and minds?
- Are you able to coordinate all resources through the process of planning, organising and controlling in order to deliver software on time with validated quality?
- Are you committed to make AGILE/SCRUM/DevOps methods of software development a success?
What we’re looking for
- A Software Project Lead (SPL) who can connect with the multi-disciplined project environments that we work in. These project environments include mechanical, electronic design, software design and development and manufacturing.
- Have the ability to nurture and lead a team of typically 5-10 software developers.
- Strong understanding and track record of working within an agile/SCRUM/DevOps environment.
- Experience of reporting progress through agile metrics such as burnup charts, team velocity, cycle times and work-load-forecast.
- Experience of continuous build, integration and delivery pipeline automation using industry leading toolsets.
- Have a technical/software background with experience working in a technology environment where quality and accuracy of work is crucial.
- History of improving teams through strong coaching and mentoring skills
What’s in it for you?
- Develop and grow your career:
- You’ll get lots of experience interacting and influencing senior stakeholders if you join us on this modernising journey.
- Training program to provide you with the skills/tools to take the next step to becoming a technical or managerial leader in MBDA.
- The opportunity to learn about the MBDA product range and the many departments we interact with.
- Be a part of a change initiative where the changes you make will have a perceptible positive impact on the development of your team.
- The opportunity for travel and international secondment; should this be of interest. We work closely with colleagues across UK and French sites.
Join a great team!
We are an open, friendly and supportive team that uses a SCRUM like environment to develop software. Through learning new skills in areas such as automation, simulation, data analysis and Agile we are transforming the way-we-work. Delivering to Project and supporting the Manufacturing Line provides the opportunity to engage with a wide range of the company’s people and departments.
MBDA is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
We’re here to help and want to ensure you have a positive experience throughout our recruitment process. We recognise that everyone is unique and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments.
MBDA is a proud member of Working Families – the UK’s work-life balance organisation. We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
We understand that flexibility benefits our people, our teams and our business; wherever possible we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working.
Follow MBDA on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers) and Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK).
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role.