MBDA Missile Systems - Deliver for a more secure tomorrow
£65K to £72K DOE + Car Allowance + Bonus + Benefits
An opportunity has arisen in the CEO’s Office to lead the UK element of the Group Internal Audit team, providing assurance to the MBDA Board across all MBDA’s activities.
The roleLeading complex and critical internal audit assignments, engaging with Senior Management to provide the MBDA Board with independent assurance and advice to optimise the efficiency of business operations. You will act as proximity manager for the UK based team.
Providing assurance to the MBDA Board by undertaking Internal Audits concerning MBDA activities.
You will lead an International team to:
- Plan audits,
- Undertake fieldwork
- Present findings and make recommendations to Senior Partners
- Follow-up recommendations
- Contribute to the Audit Programme: Help the Group Internal Audit Director prepare the annual audit programme in order to provide assurance on Governance, internal controls, risk management and regulatory compliance. The audit programme is approved by the Audit Committee (with SHAs senior representatives).
- Audit planning: Establish plans to deliver the annual audit programme. The planning process involves establishing: Terms of Reference, Management sponsorship, Audit work schedules, Staffing plans and Activity reports.
- Contribute to advisory activities as nominated by the Management Team.
- Business change and Promulgation of good practice: Encourage the audit team to challenge, using audit team judgment and experience, the current business practices and propose innovative solutions. Communicate good practices across the company where relevant and at the senior management level.
- Improving Internal Audit: Support the Group Internal Audit Director in maintaining an Internal Audit strategy and developing an Improvement Roadmap for the team with the aim of achieving full compliance with the International Institute of Internal Auditors professional practices. Leading the team in carrying out the improvement plan and reporting to the Group Internal Audit Director.
- Audit Review Board: Act as the secretary for the Audit Review Board (with MBDA Directorates’ senior representatives), the management interface meeting with Internal Audit
- Line management: Establish objectives, PDRs, training and teambuilding requirements for UK team members in order to maintain technical excellence, performance standards and motivation with the objective of achieving objectives. In addition, provide health & safety management for the team.
What do we offer?
Working closely with the senior management of the business, we will give you significant exposure and allow you to develop a strong network.
As a senior member of the team you will steer and supervise an assigned portion of the international team’s audit activities, and may also act in any auditor capacity within that process.
We work across all of MBDA’s business activities, including those of the subsidiaries and Joint Ventures. Hence, we will offer you significant variety.
The TeamThe successful candidate will be working in an international team with all the benefits of experiencing different cultures and giving the opportunity to travel in Europe.
If you enjoy engaging with people, and broadening your understanding of MBDA, this role will provide you with plenty of opportunities!
We will encourage you to bring ideas and solutions to the table.
What we are looking for
- A broad business knowledge is essential
- High level of integrity and the ability to act free of influence
- People Management experience is important – you will manage, mentor and motivate a small team of auditors assigned to an audit activity, as well as having line management responsibilities for the UK members of the broader international team
- Highly developed communication and influencing skills - the ability to influence senior management is key
- As the role includes international working, cultural sensitivity and tact are needed
- An ability to analyse business problems, synthesise them and communicate succinctly
- An aptitude to formulate pragmatic recommendations consistent with the business environment
MBDA is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
MBDA is a proud member of Working Families – the UK’s work-life balance organisation. We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
We understand that flexibility benefits our people, our teams and our business; wherever possible we will seek to accommodate a blended 2-3 days per week approach to on-site and remote working.
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role.