MBDA Missile Systems - Deliver For A More Secure Tomorrow
As a Systems Engineer in Communications you’ll have a key role in the Systems Engineering team responsible for the design, development and integration of communications and network technologies into MBDA’s Weapon Systems.
You’ll operate in a multi-disciplinary team delivering communications systems across the whole systems engineering and project lifecycle.
You’ll report to either the Head of the Network Communications department or one of our Group Heads and will carry out:
- Definition of the project communications architecture(s)
- Analysis of input requirements,
- Network performance modelling
- System modelling using model-based system engineering (using Rhapsody)
- Requirements engineering (using DOORS)
- Hardware (equipment) and software requirements definition
- System validation and verification
- Management of risks / opportunities and non-compliances
What we’re looking for
- Understanding of systems engineering processes (including System Specification, System Test and Integration)
- Experience of Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) using SysML and UML, preferably using Rhapsody
- Experience in tools for Requirements Capture and Control (DOORS) and Configuration Management (Dimensions or RTC)
- Experience of engineering product delivery, trade-off analysis and technical problem solving
- Degree qualification (or equivalent experience) in relevant engineering field
- A team player who champions collaboration and communication
Here’s what’s in it for you
- Harness your passion for communications technology and technical delivery to deploy complex modern weapon systems into military service
- You’ll work on technologies at the forefront of European weapon systems design delivery products that our customers can rely on
Join a great team!
We’re a supportive, collaborative team, ready to help you develop your career while delivering incredible products. We’re a multinational company so many of the methods and tools we use in this domain are the result of strong international collaboration, so there may be the opportunity to work with colleagues in the UK, France, Germany, and Italy
We understand that flexibility benefits our people, our teams and our business; wherever possible we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working
*Flexible working *opportunities for career progression *paid overtime (subject to level) *great bonus scheme *comprehensive pension scheme *annual salary review *fantastic working environment and site facilities *social, charitable and sporting activities.
MBDA is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements. MBDA is a proud member of Working Families – the UK’s work-life balance organisation.
Follow MBDA on LinkedIn, Twitter and Instagram.
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role