Are you a Software Engineer who wants to join a leading cyber team within an evolving and dynamic organisation? Due to the success of a number of strategic programmes, we are growing our Software Development team with creative and ambitious Software Engineers. With a primary focus on Java, your experience will cover different technologies within an agile environment.
Different thinking for a Different world
Northrop Grumman is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products and solutions to government and commercial customers worldwide. In Northrop Grumman’s rapidly growing UK Cyber and Intelligence business, we support our customers’ work to make the UK the safest place to live and do business, both physically and online.
Working with and alongside our customers, we use modern software engineering methods (Scaled Agile Development, DevSecOps, Site Reliability Engineering, micro-service architectures) and cutting edge techniques (data science, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning) to tackle complex and challenging problems and deliver cost effective, reliable, supportable solutions.
Our solutions support complex analysis of substantial amounts of data, requiring state of the art ‘big data’, stream processing and cloud-based analytics, identifying and using ‘best of breed’ commercial and open source technologies and integrating them with our own software to meet customer needs quickly and efficiently.
At Northrop Grumman we pride ourselves on our ability to combine agile development with sound engineering and security practices to ensure that our solutions are robust and resilient; designed and built to start secure and stay secure against ever evolving cyber security threats. As well as designing for security, Information Assurance and legal / policy compliance, we actively assess products and services, identifying vulnerabilities and weaknesses that could be exploited by cyber attackers, and we create and run exercises to pit cyber security specialists against secure systems and each other.
We carry out research and innovation locally in the UK, with commercial and academic partners, and across our 85,000+ worldwide workforce.
How you will make a difference
For us, innovation is key and we have immediate opportunities for talented software engineers to join our team to help us develop and maintain a suite of applications.. We are in a phase of rapid growth and there are opportunities to develop your career with us to meet your aspirations.
You will be helping us to solve our customer’s problems within an agile team. You will have opportunities throughout the Software Lifecycle from requirements capture through to R&D (Research & Development), implementation, automation and test in a wide range of technologies.
As a Senior Software Engineer you will have had responsibility for packages of work and should be used to working with customers. You will be able to deploy applications in a controlled, repeatable way and be developing technical specialisms in frameworks and/or toolsets. Experience of mentoring or team leading would be advantageous.
Key criteria required...
- Experience in design, development, test and integration of quality software
- Experience in Java and the use of object oriented design
- Keen to learn a broad range of technologies on the Java stack
Also, we’d love it if you have experience of...
- Agile/Scrum methodologies using tools such as Confluence and Jira
- DevOps approaches and associated tools such as Ansible, Docker and Jenkins
- Messaging and Routing Technologies such as NiFi and Kafka
- Cloud-based architecture
- Linux operating systems (Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server/CentOS)
- Different programming languages, such as: Java, C, C++ and Python
- Working with open source products
- You will enjoy a growing career as we work collaboratively to innovate the world of cyber security.
Additional information for your consideration...
- You must be able obtain and hold UK Government clearances
- Opportunities exist across the UK to enhance your career progression
- Looking for flexibility? Speak to us at application stage to see what may be possible