At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Are you a Control Systems Software Engineer? We are seeking an engineer primarily work within a software team supplying major UK naval programmes/vessels that have significant national strategic importance. The design, build and implementation of an integrated platform monitoring system, for the command and control of major vessel systems.Working within a team of like minded, and skilful control systems software engineers, you will provide subject matter expertise both to your engineering peers as well as the programme management team.Role Responsibilities:
- Design and integration of PLC control systems.
- Design and integration of SCADA systems.
- Production of technical documentation.
- Rockwell Studio5000.
- Rockwell ControlLogix Control Systems (Hardware & Software)
- Large scale SCADA development experience
- Kepware OPC DA/UA Client and Server configuration
- Industrial Ethernet based communication protocols and networking standards.
- Proven ability in control systems design and programming.
- Understanding of commissioning and setting to work.
- Degree, HND, HNC or equivalent in Electrical/Electronic engineering or a related discipline e.g. C&I engineering, Systems engineering
- Proactive and shows initiative.
- Team player.
- Good communication skills.
- Organised and capable of managing own tasks.
- Problem solver.
- Good mathematical knowledge and analytical ability.
- Strong IT skills, in particular with MS Office products.
- Travel requirements: Occasional UK travel may be required to attend team/customer meetings and training activities.
- Clearance requirements: British national and citizen (no dual nationality). Able to obtain Security Clearance (SC), UK Eyes Only.
- Looking for flexibility? Talk to us at the application stage about what may be possible.
Northrop Grumman is committed to equality and diversity in our workplace. Northrop Grumman provides equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants without regard to an individual's protected status, including race/ethnic origin, color, nationality, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, marriage/civil partnership, pregnancy/maternity, religion or belief, creed, age, disability, genetic information, or any other protected status or characteristic.