Are you an engineering professional looking for your next career opportunity?
Due to a fast growing pipeline of work, both locally and globally, we are looking for talented and enthusiastic engineers to join our UK Systems Engineering team.
What do Cubic do?
We are the leading integrator of payment and information solutions and related services for intelligent travel applications. Cubic delivers integrated systems for transportation and traffic management, delivering tools for travellers to choose the smartest and easiest way to travel and pay for their journeys, and enabling transportation authorities and agencies to manage demand across the entire transportation network – all in real-time.
Every year, more than 24 billion transportation payment transactions are processed using Cubic payment and information systems worldwide. Cubic has delivered over 20 regional back office operations which together integrate over 450 transport operators and serve over 38 million people every day in major markets around the world.
Why choose a career with Cubic?
- Be part of the solution: you will be crucial to the continuous improvement and delivery of complex solutions which impact the journeys of millions of people in cities around the world
- Be part of a supportive, vibrant and diverse team: you will work with colleagues and customers which will allow you to collaborate globally across skill levels, disciplines and backgrounds
- Recognition: your ideas and contributions will have a major impact on the delivery of solutions to our customers and your achievements will be highly visible. Your successes will be shared, celebrated and rewarded
- Professional support and development: we actively encourage you to take full responsibility for your career by pursuing learning and development opportunities such as further education, mentoring, upskilling and many more. We will actively promote internal opportunities and use talent profiling tools to support and nurture your aspirations
What do Systems Engineering do?
Our teams take responsibility for the definition, design, build, test and rollout of complex distributed systems which includes hardware, software and IT infrastructure components. They collaborate across the company, work closely with customers and provide technical expertise. At Principal level, our engineers provide Technical Design Authority, leadership and direction to other colleagues.
To be successful you will need a combination of the following experience/skills – please note that you do not need to meet all of these requirements as this will vary depending on the level of role you wish to be considered for:
- Strong communication skills with the ability to engage with diverse groups
- An engineering career within hardware, software, testing or a combination of these
- Ability to interpret technical contract requirements
- Experience of designing systems to industry standards such as ISO/IEC 15288
- Working knowledge of hardware and software interfaces
- Experience with conducting risk assessments
- Ability to solve complex system design and engineering challenges
- Familiarity with System and Software Architecture modelling frameworks and associated tools, including Enterprise Architect® or IBM® Rational® Rhapsody®
- Experience of using the IBM® Rational® DOORS® or HP® Quality Center® products for requirements management and test tracking
We welcome you to submit an application here to find out more about Cubic and our career opportunities. A member of our Talent team will be in touch!