Role - Senior Manager Environment Specialist, Project Delivery
Location - Reading/Basingstoke area
Package - Salary £53,950 - c.£85,250 (depending on suitability and level of experience)
AWE (one of the best 25 big companies to work for in the UK) offer an attractive salary, market leading contributory pension scheme, generous holiday entitlement, excellent work/life balance including a 9-day working fortnight and flexible working hours (role dependent). A salary sacrifice scheme is also available. We will consider candidates looking for full time or part time hours. Just let us know on your application if you wish to work part time. Relocation package available (terms and conditions apply).
You will be responsible for leading a team of Environmental Professionals ensuring the effective delivery of Environment & Sustainability requirements and compliance through the Project Management Lifecycle. From Design through to Construction implementation across a diverse portfolio of Nuclear and Conventional infrastructure Projects.
Key Responsibilities -
- To lead, manage and develop a team, to meet business and personal objectives.
- To provide advice and documentation as a subject matter expert on environmental requirements across a diverse portfolio of projects, for all activities and services that fall within the scope of the Environmental Management System.
- Manage and coordinate the delivery of the Environmental Management System supporting the Project lifecycle and Corporate obligations
- Environmental Assessment methodologies supporting design such as Building Research Establishment Environmental Assessment Methodology & the MoD equivalent Defence Related Environmental Assessment Methodology.
- Best Available Techniques as require by the Environmental Permitting Regulations.
- Environmental Risk Assessment and Hazard identification techniques.
- Provide practical advice and support to the Construction delivery teams by monitoring compliance with Construction Environmental Management Plans, Waste Management Plans and by undertaking regular site inspections, KPI monitoring and performance reporting.
To be successful within this role you will have -
- Strong influencing and communication skill to collaboratively work with senior leadership, Delivery Partners, Framework contractors and other key stakeholders.
- Experience with ensuring all Compliance Obligations are integrated to cost and programme expectations.
- Learning from experience and best practice is shared across the project's portfolio and wider business.
- You will need to be highly self-motivated to drive change against Environment and Sustainability through innovation.
- Degree in an environmental science or management based subject or vocational qualification (HND or equivalent) and/or commensurate practical experience.
- Detailed understanding of current environmental legislation and management systems including ISO14001.