MBDA Missile Systems - Deliver for a more secure tomorrow
Salary: Up to £50,000k DOE + Bonus + Excellent Benefits
Full and part time working considered
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Principal Mechanical Design Engineer with drive and enthusiasm to join Europe’s number one missile system provider, developing solutions for complex weapons and weapon systems across the product life cycle.
What we’re looking for
High performing teams need high performing and competent individuals. To be suitable for this role, candidates will be able to demonstrate a number of the following attributes:
- Ideally Degree/HND/HNC qualified plus significant experience in Mechanical Design and Development.
- The ability to lead mechanical design work packages and have experience of working within a multi-disciplinary team with the awareness and understanding of the challenges that this may bring.
- Awareness of proving and qualification activities to ensure compliance against requirements.
- Robust design experience using common development techniques such as DFMEA, DFA, DFM.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal with the ability to influence and negotiate with partners across the business.
- Experience of supplier engagement and development across internal and external multi-disciplinary teams.
- The awareness and understanding of cultural differences with the ability to adapt accordingly.
- A willing, helpful attitude, a calm professional manner, and the ability to assess and set priorities and deal with multiple issues on a regular basis
- An understanding of structural/thermal/dynamic analysis would be advantageous.
- Relevant 3D CAD/CAE experience (training on our preferred CAE tools will be given)
What’s in it for you?
- You will be working on challenging engineering problems across the product life cycle within a high performing multi-disciplinary team environment. We will provide training on specific aspects of missile design.
- You will have the potential to work on multi-national projects with the associated international travel.
- The role provides great opportunities for personal development including Chartership and Professional Accreditation and the opportunity to develop your leadership skills.
Note: This role requires reasonable travel in the UK and could involve some travel overseas in Europe, (subject to COVID-19 restrictions).
*Flexible working *opportunities for career progression *paid overtime (subject to level) *great bonus scheme *comprehensive pension scheme *annual salary review *fantastic working environment and site facilities *social, charitable and sporting activities.
Join a great team!
You will be joining a like-minded enthusiastic team, working on a diverse range of world class products. Many of our projects are ground breaking and so you can expect to develop and use the latest technologies.
MBDA is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
We’re here to help and want to ensure you have a positive experience throughout our recruitment process. We recognise that everyone is unique and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments.
MBDA is a proud member of Working Families – the UK’s work-life balance organisation. We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
We understand that flexibility benefits our people, our teams and our business; wherever possible we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working.
Follow MBDA on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers) and Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK).
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role.