MBDA Missile Systems - Deliver for a more secure tomorrow
MBDA are recruiting for a Financial Controller to become part of its Cost Base Control team. In this role you will act as a Business Partner to a key business segment of MBDA responsible for leading business planning cycles for your segment and challenging the business to achieve its objectives in a cost effective manner. The role will provide a challenging and exciting opportunity to be responsible for a broad range of activities, working with internal partners across various functions and at all levels. You will develop and nurture relationships and ensure a high level of service is maintained.
Working both at national and at international group level, you’ll be comfortable operating across national and cultural boundaries and relish the opportunity to advise senior operational leaders and help add value to the business.
This role is ideally suited to an experienced management accountant or an up-and-coming part qualified accountant looking to take their career to the next level.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Take the lead in Cost Control for a key business segment delivering:
- Robust business planning and budgeting
- Departmental Reporting
- Modelling overhead recoveries
- Focus on Headcount, capital and non-payroll budgets,
- Support Capital Investment evaluation and planning,
- Ensure compliance to all relevant financial/accounting regulation (external and internal)
- Liaising with the wider cost base control team
- Contributing to major finance transformation projects
- Acting as a business partner to the leadership team of the business segment
- Support to month end closing processes.
What we’re looking for
- Fully qualified, qualified by experience or part-qualified accountant with experience of management accounting
- Experience in management accounting, in particular overhead recovery mechanisms
- The ability to critically analyse, interpret, synthesise and communicate financial information in an easy to understand manner in the correct timeframe.
- Ability to build strong and productive working relationships within multi-disciplined teams, whilst maintaining independence and integrity.
- Resilient and robust under scrutiny and challenge.
- Ability to challenge the business to make effective decisions whilst being cost-conscious.
- Highly proficient in MS Excel. Proficient in using and understanding Finance systems such as SAP BPS / BW / 4 Hana.
- Focus on workflow and process – ensuring work is done efficiently and to a high standard.
- Experience of working in a team spread across several locations and a willingness to travel occasionally is desirable.
- Experience working in a large Aerospace or Engineering business is desirable
What’s in it for you?
- Opportunity to be part of an experienced finance team within a large National / Multi-national business.
- Be a critical interface for the finance team representing our interests both within and outside of the company.
- On the job training, potential support for finance qualifications and new language development.
*Flexible working *opportunities for career progression *paid overtime (subject to level) *great bonus scheme *comprehensive pension scheme *annual salary review *fantastic working environment and site facilities *social, charitable and sporting activities.
Join a great team!
We are a team of Finance professionals that work together to develop the best solutions for MBDA and our external partners. The team is closely knit, passionate about the work it does and committed to delivering transparency and accountability within the organisation.
MBDA is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
We’re here to help and want to ensure you have a positive experience throughout our recruitment process. We recognise that everyone is unique and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments.
MBDA is a proud member of Working Families – the UK’s work-life balance organisation. We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
We understand that flexibility benefits our people, our teams and our business; wherever possible we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working.
Follow MBDA on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers) and Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK).
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role.