WHAT TO EXPECT
The Electric Drive Unit (EDU) Controls team is part of EP-4 Power Electronics department. The team is responsible for delivering robust EDU controls systems to the JLR business. Within this remit, the team holds responsibility for the Controls System Architecture of the EDU. We are recruiting a System Architect to join the team and lead the delivery of these objectives.
As an experienced System Architect, you will take on a lead role defining requirements and interfaces with our suppliers and partners and also lead the verification and validation tasks to ensure that the requirements have been met.
You will have excellent interpersonal skills, experienced at working across departmental and cultural barriers, building strong delivery orientated teams. In this role, you will lead a small team of Requirement Engineers and have the opportunity to direct a small engineering service provider team working on systems topics.
This is an excellent opportunity get involved in the Electrified future of Jaguar Land Rover, working on state of the art, world class electric drive units in an exciting and challenging multi-cultural environment that offers superb technical and personal development opportunities.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
* Experience of control system design across multiple ECUs with complex, safety critical systems.
* Requirements capture, cascade and agreement across stakeholders.
* Understanding of ISO26262 and the need for Functional Safety. NB: Role is supported by a Functional Safety Engineer.
* Analysis of discovered issues to enable root cause determination and resolution
* Accountable to manager of the EDU Controls Team
* Generation and delivery of EDU Controls System Architecture
* Accountable for EDU controls system requirements generation to deliver defined architecture (hardware and software)
* Responsible for high level design of EDU centric cross-ECU features (e.g. EDU cooling)
* Support design of cross-ECU features where EDU plays supporting role (e.g. traction control)
* Representative for EDU at hybrid system and vehicle architecture level (e.g. networks etc.)
* Support future EDU controls strategy development (EVA3 architecture etc.)
* Support EDU System test team by ensuring testability of cascaded requirements
* Planning, tracking and reporting out of status.
* Lead resolution of any issues arising in relation to system architecture during design & development
What You'll Need
* Understanding of vehicle control systems architectures and their development process
* Strong experience of functional system design, and the application of systems engineering principles.
* Awareness of full V-cycle of control system development and testing.
* Experience of high quality requirement generation and cascade supported by IBM DOORS
* Understanding of Automotive Networks (Flexray, CAN, LIN)
* Qualified to degree level in an engineering discipline, or able to demonstrate equivalent levels of training & experience.
* Experience in ISO 26262 safety standard
* Experience of working on powertrain applications, ideally automotive
* Experience of complex, electronic control systems.
* Working knowledge of Jaguar Land Rover delivery systems and processes
* Experience in SysML / UML (ideally with IBM Rhapsody)