Senior Utilities Engineer
Location - Reading / Basingstoke Area
Salary - £42,000 - £55,000 dependent on experience plus contributory pension scheme, generous holiday entitlement, additional benefits and an excellent work / life balance including a 9-day working fortnight and flexible working hours (role dependent). A salary sacrifice scheme is also available. We will consider candidates looking for full time or part time hours.
AWE has been named in the Sunday Times top 25 big companies to work for in 2019.
We are interested in hearing from candidates at various stages of their careers who have knowledge and experience in providing guidance and support for utilities services.
This role will be to deliver professional engineering services which enables Facility Engineering Team Leaders to deliver utility services to facilities, assets and equipment required by AWE. You will need to identify and escalate business risks associated with the condition and performance of assets so standards/compliance are maintained, thus ensuring availability of equipment when needed.
As part of this role you will be required to:
- Provide engineering intelligence to utilities water and drainage networks
- Leadership and delivery of engineering tasks for utilities, water and drainage networks
- Maintain and promote high personal standards in environment, safety, health, security and quality
To be successful in this role you should have the following:
- A technical apprenticeship, HNC/HND with suitable additional experience (A degree in Civil or Mechanical Engineering would be preferable)
- Previous experience of water and drainage networks along with associated plant and equipment including: potable water supplies and treatment; fire water supplies; foul and surface water drainage; and borehole extraction equipment
- Understanding of relevant regulatory requirements