WHAT TO EXPECT
As a Lead Engineer, your purpose is to coordinate the design, development, testing and introduction of new Lighting systems and components or commodities. Operating in a cross-functional organisation, Lead Engineers will report into the relevant Group Leaders and, where delivering on specific vehicle programmes, have an additional matrix report into Module Leaders. The role requires the individual to deliver the commodity plan to quality, cost and time and lead on the technical content and integrity of specific components and systems across specific programmes.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
* Deliver the commodity plan to quality, cost and time, including maintaining the Worldwide Engineering Release System (WERS)
* Own and deliver the Engineering Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) deliverables
* Manage Change Request, expenditure forecasting and the relevant supplier teams in support of delivery of the programme milestones
* Manage vehicle test plans, including detailed planning of test and development stages through to sign off and support Engineering test teams with rectification of issues
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
As a Lead Engineer you will have had previous experience of leading the resolution of business, technical and process issues within a Project Team environment. You will have good working knowledge of product creation & delivery, change control, product definition and change management processes and either hold a degree or have relevant equivalent experience.Previous experience in Body Engineering / Exterior / Lighting Systems environment would be beneficial but not essential. You will have had experience of project management, ideally encompassing work with suppliers or other external organisations and component release experience for at least 5 years. As a Lead Engineer, you should be able to demonstrate a logical and methodical approach to component applications, verification and validation. Skills in Microsoft Excel, Power Point, Word are necessary for the position.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
* A good understanding of the Foundation and Design FMEA process, Design Verification (RMDV2), and AIMS processes are required in conjunction with experience of Forward Model Quality strategies.
* An understanding of Engineering Standards and Test Procedures would be beneficial.
* Knowledge of CATIA (Version 6) & TCe, to be able to view and interrogate geometry, will be a considered an advantage for this position.
* An understanding of S-DOTS (Standards authoring and approval application), Reliasoft, Product Creation Standards and all the different document types (Requirements, DVMs, Design Rules, STJLRs, TPJLRs) would be beneficial.