WHAT TO EXPECT
The successful candidate will work on the design, development, testing and delivery of the Steering System Components (Rack, Column, i-shaft) to support any unique SVO system requirements to meet the Cycle Plan.
Responsibilities include working with the supplier to deliver against this specification and ensure the delivered system is fully verified for inclusion on a vehicle program. The role will require close working with the SVO Vehicle Dynamics team, and the Core Steering teams to ensure continued development of the SVO Chassis team. The Engineer will report into the SVO Chassis Manager and support the Lead engineer.
You will also do the following -
● Support the development of steering components within SVO Chassis
● Deliver the commodity plan to quality, cost and time, including maintaining the Worldwide Engineering Release System.
● Assist in the management of Change Request, expenditure forecasting and the relevant supplier teams in support of delivery of the programme milestones
● Work on the JLR and supplier rig test plans, including detailed planning of test and development stages
through to sign off and support Engineering test teams with rectification of issues
● Deliver the Engineering Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) deliverables
● Ensure all appropriate JLR standards are met through-out design maturation
● Ensure all programme design solutions meet, programme targets for cost and weight
legal regulations and Requirements Management & Design Verification documentation
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
● Previous experience of managing resolution of business, technical and process issues within a Project Team environment
● A good working knowledge of product creation & delivery, change control, product definition and change management processes
● Degree qualified or equivalent experience preferred
● Previous experience within engineering or programme planning departments
● Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with strong influencing and engagement skills
● Knowledge of component Design & Delivery of Steering Components