MBDA Missile Systems - Deliver for a more secure tomorrow
An exciting opportunity has arisen for someone to join a busy and passionate Facilities Management team to lead the MBDA UK energy management strategy and activities.
The RoleThe successful candidate will be responsible for improved efficiency across the business by evaluating energy use and embedding efficiencies for reducing costs and the environmental impact, along with enhancing existing energy purchasing strategy:
- Develop & implement the Energy management systems (EnMS) to achieve the objectives of the Energy & Carbon Management Policy
- Drive forward an energy reduction roadmap for the UK business, in line with MBDA Group aspirations, harnessing support and buy in of key stakeholders
- Act as Environmental and Energy lead to ensure there is a collective approach towards meeting the one goal of reducing carbon emissions
- Lead compliance with ISO50001 and any other relevant energy legislation, compiling and submitting compliant dat
- Design and manage a five-year CAPEX energy and water consumption saving strategy including alternate energy supply solutions and the purchasing, resilience of supply and future cost scenarios of utilities
- Lead the strategic development/strategy for reducing costs and the environmental impact, energy monitoring systems and energy reporting system
- Manage the capture, tracking and implementation of energy saving initiatives in line with energy saving opportunities scheme (ESOS) requirements
- Support corporate social responsibility (CSR) activities, such as sharing information to meet customer targets and contractual energy obligations (for example Net Zero), where required in the role
What are we looking for?
Passion & vision in the field of energy and an engaging communicator.
- A minimum 2:1 relevant degree level qualification in a relevant energy or building engineering related subject or appropriate professional experience.
- Member of relevant professional bodies (i.e. CIBSE/IEMA/Energy Institute/BIFM) (desired)
- Demonstrable experience in energy management and engagement across a diverse estate
- Good knowledge of governance models for energy management
- Ability to understand and translate evolving legislation and regulation in simple & effective plans and initiatives that the business can implement.
What’s in it for you?
Working in a progressive organisation providing inspiring and efficient working environments to support all company staff. Including the creation of new environments to support the new ways of working in a post COVID world.
Opportunity to work across a range of environments from new office configurations to high tech manufacturing environments and all the associated site infrastructure that supports these.
Our benefits*Flexible working *opportunities for career progression *paid overtime (subject to level) *great bonus scheme *comprehensive pension scheme *annual salary review *fantastic working environment and site facilities *social, charitable and sporting activities.
Join a great team!
The Facilities Management team within MBDA has an excellent working culture and is made up of a large breath of individuals both very long standing at MBDA and those just starting their careers. The whole team works together very well with a common purpose of 'creating excellent working environments - by people who care.'
MBDA is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
We’re here to help and want to ensure you have a positive experience throughout our recruitment process. We recognise that everyone is unique and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments.
MBDA is a proud member of Working Families – the UK’s work-life balance organisation. We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
We understand that flexibility benefits our people, our teams and our business; wherever possible we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working.
Follow MBDA on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers) and Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK).
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role.