MBDA Missile Systems - Deliver for a more secure tomorrow
The Senior Manufacturing Engineer is responsible for the day-to-day support to the operations staff within the manufacturing facility. An opportunity has arisen in the production manufacturing lines for a support engineer who would be responsible for translating design requirements into user instructions including the development of the project manufacturing architecture.
What are we looking for?
- Formal technical Engineering / Craft Apprenticeship to NVQ Level 3/TR23/TR21 OR
- Formal further education certificate to HNC or equivalent in a relevant subject.
- Able to work with minimum supervision.
- Must demonstrate a proactive approach to problem solving and commitment to work as part of a team to deliver the business.
- Have the ability to interpret Design Drawings with a view to producing Manufacturing Build Instructions.
- Must be able to work within and contribute to a team environment.
- Have the ability to communicate both within the working group and at various levels of the organisation.
- Working with the Manufacturing Engineering Manager, you will be working in multi-functional teams, responsible for tooling control and manufacturing problem identification and resolution
- Support existing manufacturing lines and new product introduction
- Compilation and update of manufacturing instructions
- Resolution of technical problems that may arise during the manufacturing process
- Support the industrial validation process through the use of FMEA’s, FAI’s etc.
- Management of configuration control by the embodiment of design modifications into the manufacturing instructions
- Support to the non-conformance process using SAP
- Liaise with the design authority during the product prototype/development phase, to ensure optimised Design for Manufacture (DfM), supporting Design for Test and Cost.
What’s in it for you?
- MBDA provides extensive on-the-job training
- You will take a key role in the Manufacturing Engineering team
- The work is technically challenging and rewarding.
- The variety of work offered within the team also presents an excellent opportunity for personal development
Our benefits*Flexible working *opportunities for career progression *paid overtime (subject to level) *great bonus scheme *comprehensive pension scheme *annual salary review *fantastic working environment and site facilities *social, charitable and sporting activities!
MBDA is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
We’re here to help and want to ensure you have a positive experience throughout our recruitment process. We recognise that everyone is unique and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments.
MBDA is a proud member of Working Families – the UK’s work-life balance organisation. We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
We understand that flexibility benefits our people, our teams and our business; wherever possible we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working.
Follow MBDA on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers) and Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK).
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role.