MBDA Missile Systems - Deliver for a more secure tomorrow
We can consider part-time working in this role
The Senior Manufacturing Engineer is responsible for the day to day support to the operations staff within the manufacturing facility. An opportunity has arisen in the development / production manufacturing lines, for a support engineer who will be translating design requirements into user instructions, including the development of the project manufacturing architecture.
- Working with the Principal Engineer, you will be working in multi-functional teams, responsible for tooling control and manufacturing problem identification and resolution
- Support existing manufacturing lines and new product introduction
- Compilation and update of Manufacturing Instructions
- Resolution of technical problems that may arise during the manufacturing process
- Support the industrial validation process through the use of FMEA’s, FAI’s etc.
- Management of Configuration control by the embodiment of Design Modifications into the Manufacturing Instructions
- Support to the Non Conformance Process using SAP
- Liaise with the design authority during the product prototype/development phase, to ensure optimised Design for Manufacture (DfM), supporting Design for Test and Cost.
What are we looking for?
- Formal technical Engineering / Craft Apprenticeship to NVQ Level 3/TR23/TR21 OR formal further education certificate to HNC or equivalent in a relevant subject.
- Able to work with minimum supervision.
- Must demonstrate a proactive approach to problem solving and commitment to work as part of a team to deliver the business.
- Have the ability to interpret Design Drawings with a view to producing Manufacturing Build Instructions.
- Must be able to work within and contribute to a team environment.
What’s in it for you?
- MBDA provides extensive on-the-job training
- You will take a key role in the Manufacturing Engineering team
- The work is technically challenging and rewarding.
- The variety of work offered within the team also presents an excellent opportunity for personal development
- *Flexible working *opportunities for career progression *paid overtime (subject to level) *great bonus scheme *comprehensive pension scheme *annual salary review *fantastic working environment and site facilities *social, charitable and sporting activities.
Join a great team!
We are a strong established team within Manufacturing Engineering Function, where you will be working with a group of people with a broad mix of skills and experience. You will be a key part in the delivery and evolution of the manufacturing engineering toolset.
MBDA is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
We’re here to help and want to ensure you have a positive experience throughout our recruitment process. We recognise that everyone is unique and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments.
MBDA is a proud member of Working Families – the UK’s work-life balance organisation. We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
We understand that flexibility benefits our people, our teams and our business; wherever possible we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working.
Follow MBDA on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers) and Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK).
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role.