MBDA Missile Systems - Deliver for a more secure tomorrow
Salary: £40,000 - £44,000 dependent on experience, plus bonus and benefitsWe are seeking an Engineering Team Lead Special to Type Test Equipment (STTE) to work as part of our Calibration & Maintenance Team in Stevenage. You will be part of a dedicated team that work at remote customer sites across the UK as well as the MBDA sites at Stevenage, Henlow, Bolton, and Bristol.
What are we looking for?
- Minimum qualification: Modern Apprenticeship NVQ3, HNC/HND in Electrical & Electronics Engineering.
- Innovative, team player who has a passion for calibration and maintenance activities.
- Excellent management and leadership acumen and able to deal with multiple issues, tasks and priorities concurrently.
- Willingness to travel to MBDA & customer sites.
- An excellent appreciation of electrical measurement and test principles and test equipment, as well as systems-level functional testing.
- Supportive, pro-active attitude with the ability to maintain a calm professional manner, even when priorities might be changed at the last minute.
- Be able to liaise and organise external servicing of equipment with members of the manufacturing organisation, the commodities department, the service supplier and embedded contractors.
Here's what's in it for you
- This role offers the opportunity to work on a variety of products of varying complexity, in both development and production, using the latest technologies the aerospace and defence sector has to offer.
- MBDA provides extensive on-the-job training and opportunities for personal progression, including both technical and leadership career development paths.
*Flexible working *opportunities for career progression *paid overtime (subject to level) *great bonus scheme *comprehensive pension scheme *annual salary review *fantastic working environment and site facilities *social, charitable and sporting activities.
The RoleWe are seeking an Electronics Engineer Team Lead to join our Calibration & Maintenance Team, to service Electrical and Electronic Test Equipment, including Special to Type Test Equipment (STTE).
- You will organise, motivate and lead an integrated team of Engineers in the calibration and maintenance of complex Special to Type Test Platforms; COTS test equipment and manufacturing electronics.
- Manage day to day deployment of resources and facilities to achieve programme needs and conduct and support forward planning reviews.
- Establish and maintain good housekeeping practices that will ensure a safe working environment that is consistent with all Health and Safety at Work and COSHH requirements.
- Contribute to the Defect Management Process including the completion of all functional audit commitments.
- Promote and maintain effective working relationships with the trade unions
- Proactive stimulation and contribution to continuous improvement activities in line with manufacturing best practice
- Identify operational risks and opportunities in line with project expectations.
Join a great team!
We are a team of dedicated electronic calibration engineers in a fast-paced but friendly and inclusive manufacturing and design environment. The team has a great mix of personnel, ranging from Mechanical Engineers, Mechanical Dimensional Engineers through to experienced Electronic Engineers as well as Technical Administrators and Logistics personnel, all striving to deliver technical excellence and maintain product output.
We are currently supporting a number of different missile systems in development and production, working closely with the design teams and other stakeholders to overcome any technical challenges.
MBDA is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
We’re here to help and want to ensure you have a positive experience throughout our recruitment process. We recognise that everyone is unique and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments.
MBDA is a proud member of Working Families – the UK’s work-life balance organisation. We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
We understand that flexibility benefits our people, our teams and our business; wherever possible we will seek to accommodate a blended 2-3 days per week approach to on-site and remote working.
Follow MBDA on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers) and Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK).
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role.