General Dynamics Land Systems is on the look-out for a full-time Supplier Quality Engineer to join our Production Quality Team. The successful and inclusive candidate will earn a favorable salary of £30,400 to £38,000 based on experience and potential. This is an ideal role for someone who has a proactive and positive mindset and a keen desire to grow professionally.
Joining an established team based at our Merthyr facility based in South Wales, you will work across a range of stakeholders, to audit and support the design, development, qualification production, integration and testing of activities at the GDUK Merthyr facility and within the wider supply chain. The role will require close liaison and co-operation with the Engineering, supply chain and Manufacturing teams.
If you were already working in this position, this is what you would have been working on this week:
- Plan and conduct Quality Assurance activities for defined products to allow for and undertake the signing and stamping of Certificates of Conformity on behalf of the Company including PPAP and End Item Data Pack approval.
- Champion problem solving and root cause analysis activities with suppliers, production and customers to eliminate recurrence of non-conformance and ensure that problems are addressed and appropriate corrective action taken
- Independent review of, subcontractor Production Testing activities and results to company guidelines.
To apply for this role, you will require the following:
- Experience of working in a design or manufacturing environment
- Experience of supplier development or supplier quality
- Excellent communication skills including written, verbal and presentation.
- Formal training in Quality Management System auditing. – AS9100 & ISO9000 is desirable
- Must be flexible in terms of working hours, willing to travel within and outside the UK
- ONC/HNC in an Engineering/Quality Discipline with Quality Engineering Experience
Our Company Benefits:
We pride ourselves in being a great place to work with a shared sense of purpose, offering highly competitive benefits:
- A compressed nine-day fortnight – which means every other Friday off!
- A flexible benefits scheme - allowing you to adapt your benefits to suit yours and your family’s needs
- A personalised career development plan, alongside regular progress reviews - supporting and valuing your progression within the Company
- Professional training and development courses, both internal and external - allowing you to reach your full potential
- A flexible working environment where your contributions are recognised and rewarded, which includes compressed hours, reduced hours and job share
- A Company sports and social club, offering events at discounted prices – giving you the opportunity to meet and socialise with your fellow colleagues outside the workplace
About General Dynamics UK
General Dynamics Land Systems is a global leader in providing products and support across the full spectrum of combat vehicles. Our global team has more than 6,000 employees working towards creating a diverse product portfolio delivering best-in-class capability to Armed Forces communities worldwide. In the UK, we employee more than 650 people and are leading the way in Armoured Fighting Vehicles and sustainment services. Our vision is documented and embedded into our culture, so all employees understand the Company’s direction and their role in achieving it. We are currently delivering the AJAX programme, providing 589 Armoured Fighting Vehicles in six variants to the British Army and have also developed and delivered 400 Foxhound vehicles - a highly-protected and mobile 4x4 platform with high-deployment availability.
We believe in maintaining a diverse workplace – inclusive of beliefs, cultural background, job experiences, thoughts and ideas. If who we are and what we do resonates with you, we invite you to join our high performance team