General Dynamics Land Systems is on the look-out for a full-time Mechanical Design Senior Engineer to join our Engineering Team. The successful and inclusive candidate will earn a favorable salary of £39,120 to £58,680 based on experience and potential. This is an ideal role for someone who has a proactive and positive mindset and a keen desire to grow professionally.
Joining an established team based at our Oakdale facility based in South Wales, you will work across a range of stakeholders, require a holistic approach to mechanical engineering, taking into account factors such as safety, cost and ease of manufacture
If you were already working in this position, this is what you would have been working on this week:
- Produce mechanical design solutions from system to part level.
- Take designs from concept, through development & validation (Cradle to Grave)
- Support to prototype and production teams during FoT fit and through life change updates.
- Preparation of material for internal and external design reviews
To apply for this role, you will require the following:
- Proficient user of 3D CAD
- Proficient user of PDM systems (Windchill)
- Ability to develop conceptual and detail design of mechanical components and systems
- Work from first principal calculations
- EBoM management and maintenance
- Strong mathematical skills – including knowledge of First Principle Calculations
- Strong written and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work accurately and at pace
Our Company Benefits:
We pride ourselves in being a great place to work with a shared sense of purpose, offering highly competitive benefits:
- A compressed nine-day fortnight – which means every other Friday off!
- A flexible benefits scheme - allowing you to adapt your benefits to suit yours and your family’s needs
- A personalised career development plan, alongside regular progress reviews - supporting and valuing your progression within the Company
- Professional training and development courses, both internal and external - allowing you to reach your full potential
- A flexible working environment where your contributions are recognised and rewarded, which includes compressed hours, reduced hours and job share
- A Company sports and social club, offering events at discounted prices – giving you the opportunity to meet and socialise with your fellow colleagues outside the workplace
About General Dynamics UK
General Dynamics Land Systems is a global leader in providing products and support across the full spectrum of combat vehicles. Our global team has more than 6,000 employees working towards creating a diverse product portfolio delivering best-in-class capability to Armed Forces communities worldwide. In the UK, we employee more than 650 people and are leading the way in Armoured Fighting Vehicles and sustainment services. Our vision is documented and embedded into our culture, so all employees understand the Company’s direction and their role in achieving it. We are currently delivering the AJAX programme, providing 589 Armoured Fighting Vehicles in six variants to the British Army and have also developed and delivered 400 Foxhound vehicles - a highly-protected and mobile 4x4 platform with high-deployment availability.
We believe in maintaining a diverse workplace – inclusive of beliefs, cultural background, job experiences, thoughts and ideas. If who we are and what we do resonates with you, we invite you to join our high performance team