WHAT TO EXPECT
This position is within the ADAS Validation and Verification team. As well as this, it sits in the wider ADAS strategy and is heavily dependent on making data-driven decisions during product development and validation. As the Data Engineer within ADAS, you will identify, design and implement process improvements in data pipelines. You will be supporting with automated objective performance assessment and several defects with data-driven root cause analysis.
You will identify where data-driven approaches can be applied to ADAS testing and develop feature extraction code Python to extract features of interest from data and apply statistical and machine learning tools to data features and provide recommendations to engineering delivery teams. Furthermore, provide direction and guidance to the wider team to ensure the effective widespread use of tools and processes.
You will help translate business problems into data analytics requirements and solutions that deliver value through analysing and processing data, building, and maintaining models and report templates, and developing dynamic, data-driven solutions.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
* Rapidly understand where data-driven approaches can be applied to ADAS testing
* Apply statistical and machine learning tools to data features and provide recommendations to engineering delivery teams
* Provide direction and guidance to the wider team to ensure the effective widespread use of tools and processes
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
You must have the ability to design, create, test, and maintain data pipelines to support analytics projects. Having the ability to identify, design and implement processes of improvements in data pipelines is essential. Through these projects, you will operate as a developer within a scum team and have an understanding of all aspects of scrum protocols. You must be able to assemble complex datasets for a range of applications and teams across the business.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
* Previous experience and knowledge of modern programming languages and scripts
* You will require strong experience in Python development
* A good knowledge of Java development experience
* The ability to operate the Google Cloud platform thoroughly