MBDA Missile Systems - Deliver For A More Secure Tomorrow
Salary: Up to £60,000 doe.
We are a world leader in missile and missile systems looking for a highly capable and adaptable Embedded Software Design and Development Engineer to join our Development Facility in Stevenage, Hertfordshire.
You will be responsible for developing the real-time systems application software for the next generation of Missile Systems.
This is a hands-on role and will involve designing, implementing and testing the missile subsystem software products and evolutions for future products.
What we're looking for
- Ideally a degree in Computer Science or other relevant subject.
- Significant previous experience with embedded ADA
- Ability to debug complex problems.
- A ‘Can do’ and flexible approach, focused on a timely high quality delivery.
- A focus on code quality and to engage in code and design reviews.
- Development of maintainable and extensible code (to adapt to the change in requirements etc.)
Desirable / Advantageous:
- Experience in model-based development, either in SysML/UML using tools such as IBM’s Rhapsody or in Matlab/Simulink.
- Knowledge of Real Time Operating Systems such as PikeOS.
- Experience in low level driver development and interface with Firmware
- Experience of developing software products under Windows and Linux development environments for ARM based multi-core processing platforms.
- Knowledge of standards such as DefStan 00-55 & RTCA 178B/C and restricted coding standards such as MISRA.
- Exposure to IBM Rational Team Concert.
- Understanding and use of concepts such as Continuous Integration (Jenkins) and Test Driven Development.
Here's what's in it for you
- This is a great role for someone with a passion for software and its successful deployment in modern weapon systems. Working with technology that is at the forefront of European missile system design, helping to develop safe, secure and reliable products that our customers can rely on.
- Many of our products and components we use in this domain are the result of strong international collaboration; consequently, there may be the opportunity to travel both within the UK and to our sites in France, Italy and Germany.
- We offer a supportive working environment where you can develop your skills across a wide range of products and technologies.
Join a great team!
This is a team that continues to develop the software that drives some of the most advanced missile systems in the world. We apply small, focused teams of engineers to complex problems – working with a talented group of experienced software, systems and electronics engineers on some very exciting products.
Our success is built upon the dedication of our people and we strive to offer each and every employee an enjoyable, exciting and rewarding career.
MBDA is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
We’re here to help and want to ensure you have a positive experience throughout our recruitment process. We recognise that everyone is unique and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments.
We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements. MBDA is a proud member of Working Families – the UK’s work-life balance organisation.
Follow MBDA on LinkedIn, Twitter and Instagram.
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role