MBDA Missile Systems - Deliver for a more secure tomorrow
Salary: Up to £60,000 doe
Our benefits: *Flexible working *opportunities for career progression *paid overtime (subject to level) *great bonus scheme *comprehensive pension scheme *annual salary review *fantastic working environment and site facilities *social, charitable and sporting activities.
We are a world leader in missile and missile systems looking for a highly capable and adaptable C++ Embedded Software Design and Development Engineer to join our Development Facility in Stevenage, Hertfordshire!
- Responsible for developing the real-time systems application software for the next generation of Missile Systems and Launchers.
- A hands-on role and will involve designing, implementing and testing the software products used in a variety of missile subsystems and helping steer the evolution for future products.
What we’re looking for
- Significant previous experience with embedded C, C++.
- Experience of developing real time embedded software using an OO approach.
- Ability to debug complex problems.
- A focus on code quality and being able to engage in code/ design reviews.
- Ability to develop and maintain extensible code
Desirable / Advantageous:
- Experience in model-based development, either in SysML/UML using tools such as IBM’s Rhapsody or in Matlab/Simulink.
- Experience in low level driver development and interface with Firmware
- Experience of developing software products under Windows and Linux development environments for ARM based multi-core processing platforms.
- Knowledge of standards such as DefStan 00-55 & RTCA 178B/C and restricted coding standards such as MISRA.
- Understanding and use of concepts such as Continuous Integration (Jenkins) and Test Driven Development.
What’s in it for you?
- This is a great role for someone with a passion for software and its successful deployment in modern weapon systems. You will work with technology that is at the forefront of European missile system design, helping to develop safe, secure and reliable products that our customers can rely on.
- Many of our products and components we use in this domain are the result of strong international collaboration; consequently, there may be the opportunity to travel both within the UK and to our sites in France, Italy and Germany.
- We offer a supportive working environment with the opportunity to develop your skills across a wide range of products and technologies.
Join a great team!
- A team that continues to develop the software that drives some of the most advanced missile systems in the world. We apply small, focused teams of engineers to complex problems – you will be working with a hardworking group of experienced software, systems and electronics engineers on some very exciting products.
- Our success is built upon the dedication of our people and we strive to offer each and every employee an enjoyable, exciting and rewarding career.
MBDA is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
We’re here to help and want to ensure you have a positive experience throughout our recruitment process. We recognise that everyone is unique and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments.
MBDA is a proud member of Working Families – the UK’s work-life balance organisation. We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
We understand that flexibility benefits our people, our teams and our business; wherever possible we will seek to accommodate a blended 2-3 days per week approach to on-site and remote working.
Follow MBDA on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers) and Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK).
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role.